PDA

View Full Version : So which is currently the best preset reg available today.

longi
05-07-2011, 08:42 AM
So which is it? I've currently got an ANS reg that seems to be pretty good, and I used to have a Centerflag Hyperflow which was excellent. It currently looks like a toss up between the Myth regs and the Ninja regs. Am I right in thinking this? Anyone know if either one is better than the other? Ie reliability and recharge rate etc.

hill160881
05-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Ninja, Pure Energy and Crossfire are all good. Myth's are GARBAGE due to inconsistency and bad recharge rates. Thats my experience anyway. :)

p_bpat
05-07-2011, 09:13 AM
The myth regs are beautiful for a light weight pump set up. Otherwise, don't bother with them.
But that's just my opinion.
Pat.

longi
05-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I didn't realise Myth's weren't all that . I've found the Pure Energy regs to be a bit rubbish too. Any idea how good the Custom Product regulaors are?

IrishRedneck86
05-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Your best bet for an all around reg is by far Ninja. Myths are pretty good for the older versions IDK about the G2's but the Myths are garbage for mags because of the step down setup when the tank gets lower pressure they just wont feed enough air to them when your tank gets to 1000psi. After Ninja I would go crossfire or if you can find one in good shape a Dye throttle reg I love the one I had on my old 70/45 peanut until I sold it.

wimag
05-07-2011, 01:10 PM
in the past I always preferred crossfire, I picked up a couple ninja regs in the last year and am totally sold on them now.

longi
05-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I've just found a British made reg made by Airbourne (Powerball) that looks quite interesting but I reckon I'm almost sold on a Ninja. The CP regs are really expensive so i'll be making some enquiries next week before I make my final choice.

Gadget
05-07-2011, 05:36 PM
I've got both CP and Ninja regs (bought both from LIPS in the UK) and I've been impressed with both.

Sniper Steve
05-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I like my Dye throttle and my CP one works well for me too, but the throttle seems just a bit better.

IrishRedneck86
05-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I like my Dye throttle and my CP one works well for me too, but the throttle seems just a bit better.

Yeah the throttle regs are great good recharge and the best part is they are already set for RTing with a preset output of 850psi

Drix
05-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Myth's have piston problems, go for ninja's if you want to keep that size.

longi
05-08-2011, 02:33 AM
I've got both CP and Ninja regs (bought both from LIPS in the UK) and I've been impressed with both.

How much did you pay for the CP if you don't mind me asking? LIPS have sold out of Ninja's at the moment but have a shipment due in next week. Darn!

longi
05-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Yeah the throttle regs are great good recharge and the best part is they are already set for RTing with a preset output of 850psi

I tried a couple of the Throttle regs and they didn't impress me, I think they were the 1 and 2 models. I couldn't get any RT effect from them. I haven't tried the Throttle 3 version though.