PDA

View Full Version : XValve/MM2k9 woes

stircrazzzy
05-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Ok dudes...REALLY need some assistance here :)

So, I've got a new mm2k9 body. I have a new xvalve that i put in there. It wasn't firing...I know it's getting 850lb at the reg.

Now, with the trigger frame off the gun, by manually pressing the on-off button, it just resets itself. There is no air coming out of the gun or anything...it just pushes right back out to where it was.

I tried screwing with the velocity. Eventually I turned it in so far the gun just up and went full auto on me. Now, deductive reasoning would tell me this is a good sign - at least it functions/cycles. However, why can't I get it to work with a trigger pull?

It's a standard on/off.

I tried removing one of the small (teflon, I believe) o-rings from deep in the on/off area. Whereas this did allow me to fit the xvalve in the mm2k9 body without pressing down on the on/off, it didn't really change anything. I oiled the area, didn't really help...not sure what to do here. I took the power tube spacer o-ring out, changed to the shortest (brass) spring...same deal.

What can I do? :)

Thanks!

StygShore
05-12-2011, 01:45 AM
1st - Put the o-rings back where you got them - they are there for a reason :)

2nd - those are not power tube spacers, those are level 10 carriers.

I would start with oiling the Xvalve and going through that to make sure it is all assembled properly.

If the valve is assembled properly, I would look at your air source ( especially if the on off pin doesnt come shooting out of your gun when you have the grip frame off under pressure.

stircrazzzy
05-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Okee dokee :) I did reassemble everything back the way it was, still no joy.

However, when I air it up with the xvalve out of the gun, the on/off assembly does come shooting out, so I'm not sure where the issue is :confused: and I'd really like to use my new toy...soon!

Thanks for the help.

M98Punk
05-12-2011, 07:33 AM
do you have the right on/off?

BigEvil
05-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Okee dokee :) However, when I air it up with the xvalve out of the gun, the on/off assembly does come shooting out,

That would be normal, and why you shouldnt air up a valve when its not in a gun :P Most likely your problem is that the on/off pin is too long. As PTP what size pin they recommend for your set up and order one from Tuna.

:cheers:

stircrazzzy
05-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I think it's the pin length :tard: Oh well, I'll get in touch with them. Thanks!

stircrazzzy
05-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I got it to work. Disregard. :)

And I will say this, and only this: It was pretty simple and I'm an idiot, and I won't even degrade myself to such a far degree that I'm willing to explain what I was doing wrong.

Thanks for the help, in the mean time!

StygShore
05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
at least PM what ya did wrong :) I like stupid reasons for **** not working. I know I have fought with my Mini for 30 minutes trying to figure out why it wouldn't shoot... only to realize I never plugged in the solenoid when I disassembled it to clean the eyes.

Styg

Smoothice
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Let your stupidity keep others from banging their heads on a wall. Tell us what you did! :rofl:

stircrazzzy
05-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Essentially it just came down to a complete disassembly, good oiling of the o-rings, reassembly, and then cranking the reg up when there is enough air in the tank to make 'er cycle properly...

What a rookie mistake! lol.

But my new mm2k9 with m90 pneu frame RIPS. Wayyyyyy too much fun.

StygShore
05-14-2011, 04:58 PM
yeah if you aren't pushing at least 650+ into em they dont work well.

Like the old efficiency complaint on mags. They aren't that inefficient but once your tank drops under 1k, a lot cant keep up with recharge.

Styg