PDA

View Full Version : So Cali Members help

RoadDawg
02-13-2002, 12:52 PM
I just moved to southern cali (temple city) a little over a month ago and I'm still having trouble with my directions. I found a local store which told me something I didn't want to hear. He said that mags are dying out down here in So. Cal. Is that true? The same thing was going on in Utah. I only found 2 other people with mags. Anyways. If someone could please give me some info on places to play. My computer is having trouble loading up warpig.com (don't know why) so I can't check there. The guys at the store aren't really helpful cause they are always talking to other people and I don't feel like spending hours in a store to get 5 min worth of info. Anyways. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Nick

joker4hire
02-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Well, you live about 20 min. away from a really popular field (SC Village, NPPL was there once I believe) in Corona, if you have never been there, that is a good place to go, and its only 10 bucks if you just wanna play speed ball. Check out www.scvillage.com .

Another place is tombstone paintball park (forgot the url), and they have a pretty good field too. There is also a new indoor place in pomona, I heard that was a great place to play, especially if you can only play nights. As for mags dying in SoCal, the people you spoke to are pretty much correct IMHO. I go to Check-IT paintball in West Covina, and they are very anti-mag, and the promote the myths (chopping, less range, high pressure, low rate of fire, less accurate).

Bonx0007
02-13-2002, 03:02 PM
well i play with 6 guys that all use mags. All those feinds are great. There is also XPARK in Van Nuys. Jungle Island in lake elsinor. We will be playing there this weeknend. Sunday at 8:00 till they close. you should come out and play with us. pm if you want more info or do a search for Team AO SOCAL.

RoadDawg
02-13-2002, 03:05 PM
There are two problems. One is no income (jobless) and two I don't know my way to any of these places. There are too many freeways and such. Maybe sometime later like after I get a job I'll have to join you guys for a day.

Smoken
02-13-2002, 05:58 PM
The group I play with has 4 mags and a bunch of f4's and spyders. But yeah, mags are not too popular at the fields I go to. When I went to Wild West Paintball in Hemet many of the younger players acted as though they had never seen anything like my polished MiniMag, though they did say it was pretty cool. But hey, what does it matter if other people don't use the best gun available, it just gives you the edge on them. You can practice while they fix their guns and try to coax the elves into working more efficiently. If you want to talk to someone who would have you belive that mags are the only guns worth owning though, talk to Jeff at Ditto's in Redlands. He will brag up mags and tell you everything else is $#!+. He is pretty knoqwledgable about mags, though I don't think he knows any more than many of the members of this forum. His website is:
http://www.paintballdaddy.com/

P.S. Welcome to the greatest state in the U.S.

Army
02-13-2002, 07:35 PM
LA is easy to get around. All the 3 digit freeways (101, 405, 805, 605, etc) go north and south. Nearly all the 2 digit freeways go east-west. Of course, the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway)aka State Highway 1, goes north-south too. (If it helps, Hiway 1 goes from San Diego to Anchorage. OK, maybe that doesn't help.)

Get a map of southern Cal from an AM-PM and study it, you'll see that most everything LA is easy to get to.

Hey, I live over 300 miles north of LA, and I can get around there! Learn where SC Village is, and join the AO gang at the LA Open. It's the kick off for the NPPL season and should be a hoot! 8-10 March 2002

zads27
02-13-2002, 08:11 PM
I'm in San Diego,
Well I own an E-mag, and I even still have my P/f automag.. I couldn't care less about what other people think/say about my mags.. I let the paint do the talking, all over their goggles ;)
Hm I might try to make it to the next SoCal AO practice, no promises, though.

Smoken
02-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Hey ARMY,
Just to generalize what you said more, ALL odd numbered freeways go North/South. ALL even numbered freeways go East/West.

Army
02-13-2002, 08:45 PM
nope, 91 goes E-W, 210 goes N-S,

LA mangaged to screw up that easy system too!