PDA

View Full Version : Xmag Feedneck Mod

GRimm
05-12-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm getting ready to get my X custom anno'd and I wanted to get the ccm clamping feedneck mod done first. Problem is I have no idea who does this mod, does anyone on here still do it?

maniacmechanic
05-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Big E ; http://bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=5848&highlight=Xmag+Feedneck+Mod

GRimm
05-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Awesome, I'll send him a pm. Thanks maniacmechanic

BAZOOKA_Boy
05-12-2011, 08:01 PM
he really does do nice work, annoed a breach he did, workmanship is great!

Smoothice
05-13-2011, 12:51 AM
I've been told by a great annodizer that the breech is most likely a different grade aluminum then the feedneck will probably be. This may lead to some color variations between the 2 parts. Just fyi.

GRimm
05-13-2011, 03:01 AM
Yea I had already thought as much, thanks for the heads up though.

BAZOOKA_Boy
05-13-2011, 10:55 AM
I've been told by a great annodizer that the breech is most likely a different grade aluminum then the feedneck will probably be. This may lead to some color variations between the 2 parts. Just fyi.

it is true, if Big E does the mod, I have been able to get the neck out before, makes it possible to match colors, if its pressed and no screws, its not coming out...so maybe just leave it in 2 pieces till after anno

BigEvil
05-13-2011, 11:46 AM
it is true, if Big E does the mod, I have been able to get the neck out before, makes it possible to match colors, if its pressed and no screws, its not coming out...so maybe just leave it in 2 pieces till after anno

FYI - I've had a handful of breeches annoed with the feedneck mod still installed and they all came out very well. Could have just been lucky, I guess it depends on the color too.

I would say to leave them together during anno. The reason being is that the neck and breech fit tight together and stripping them seperate might change that. Leaving them together seems to prevent any metal from getting eaten away.

BAZOOKA_Boy
05-15-2011, 05:43 PM
FYI - I've had a handful of breeches annoed with the feedneck mod still installed and they all came out very well. Could have just been lucky, I guess it depends on the color too.

I would say to leave them together during anno. The reason being is that the neck and breech fit tight together and stripping them seperate might change that. Leaving them together seems to prevent any metal from getting eaten away.

depends on the color, purples, pinks, gold, some orange, and most lighter colors (totally broad statement, not true for all colors) are the most difficult, due to how fast the dye absorbs