PDA

View Full Version : RT/X on-off pin dimensions?

Pneumagger
05-16-2011, 06:30 AM
I want to make some titanium on/off pins 'cause it'd be neat. But I don't have all of these answers:

What is the reccomended length of an RT on/off pin when used in Classic rail? RTP Rail? Emag (with quadring)?

What is the larger diameter at the top of the pin?

What is the smaller diameter at the bottom of the pin?

Thanks in advance!

sjrtk
05-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Basically .712 up to .750, The .760 pin was to long for my classic rail.
But it looks like

.074 on the shank of the pin.
.120 for the head diameter and .168 head height (to the pin shank).

hope theses help and remember the slight radius on the pin head to keep from cutting the oring.

Spider-TW
05-17-2011, 08:34 AM
The stock RT pin is 0.750. I've used that in an AM/MM rail and RT type rail (tac one). That's in classic and x-valves.

The stock emag (quad o-ring) pin is 0.712

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=205&categoryID=24

I use the 0.712 in my ep mag with a quad on a AM/MM rail.

I think as you get away from these numbers you are looking at wear, in-tolerance variations, and part warpage/mis-fit.

The classic pin is the same top diameter and is 0.750 long. I have put one in a lathe and turned it down to the size of an RT pin.

Here was the first try. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244936&highlight=classic+pin)

After I got a little lathe, I went back and re-bored and sleeved it. Much better.

Pneumagger
05-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Basically .712 up to .750, The .760 pin was to long for my classic rail.
But it looks like

.074 on the shank of the pin.
.120 for the head diameter and .168 head height (to the pin shank).

hope theses help and remember the slight radius on the pin head to keep from cutting the oring.

Thanks... one more favor, please. Is there any way you could measure the threads betwen the on/off top & bottom?
Just measure the max OD of the threads and the peak-to-peak spacing... that should give thread diameter & pitch.