PDA

View Full Version : How does the ReTro Valve Feel With a Z-Grip?

GallagherAtWar
02-13-2002, 03:24 PM
Hey,
I really want a z-grip and retro but how does it feel? does it suck? Can i get the sweat spot better?

Chris
P.S. if any 1 has a z-grip or a hyperframe or a retrovalve or a warp feed for sale PM me

Smokee_2_7
02-13-2002, 03:42 PM
I dont own a retrovalve on my z-grip mag, but the last couple of times ive played with the z-grip ive borrowed a retro valve from one of my buddies and slapped it in the gun to play. I love the way it feels. The comfort of the z grip combined with the reactive kick back of the valve makes it even eaiser to shoot. As soon as i can get some extra cash saved up, i will be putting a retro valve in of my own.

Hope this helps.

Carl

Rynoboy06
02-13-2002, 03:54 PM
I my RT with zgrip is really, really, fast. I can't shoot any gun without the RT and not suck at it. I chop every single ball on autocockers now. Very addictive, but I've never been able to get a sweet spot going, it doesn't need it anyway. Highly recommended combination.

a_malfunction
02-13-2002, 04:55 PM
Ditto! I love it... I was hesitant at first, but WOW. I love it.

MajorDamage
02-13-2002, 05:00 PM
It is SWEEEET! I havn't found the sweet spot on mine either(but I only have like a 2.22 spacer in there) but its soooo cool though! I love it!

ENDO!

virus
02-13-2002, 10:03 PM
i just fired off a few hoppers worth of paint in my backyard...

had a z already but just p/u a retro over the winter and my warp just came in....

my input pressure at 900-925 ripping on the trigger, not one short stoke, no chops, only had to wait on my hopper a couple of times... (got an xboard and evil to put in it still)....

i fell in luv with my mag all over again... never found the sweet spot but it didnt need it...

Xzion
02-14-2002, 12:37 AM
I love the feel of the ReTro with my Z-Grip, super comfortable with the awsome light snappy, reactive trigger, can't get much better than that IMO. As for the sweet spot, Ive never found it with my Z-Grip, nor have I really looked for it, but personally consider it a waste of time as the properly operating RT trigger is perfect.

giant1515
02-14-2002, 08:32 AM
They went out of production a good bit before I got into mags. . . AGD I hope you guys make some more.

Giant

HarryM
02-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Z-Grip/Retro combo is a screamer!
Take it from someone who won 1st plc.10man Ama.B W/Cup in 1999. The SOB's also won the overall NPPL Ama.B title in 99.
We had 2,Z-Grip/Retro vlv.shooters on the team that year, just tearin up the competition!
One of the guns is available.
just PM me

Xzion
02-14-2002, 11:57 AM
AGD has plans on redesigning the Z-Grip and putting out another run, this new Z-Grip will be compatible with DYE Stickie grips, and have a mounting bracket for a microswitch for intellifeed, just like the Intelliframe. It's been dubbed the "Intelli-Z-Grip". Though, these new z-grip are on the very back burner and planned for the rather distant future. You -might- be able to find one on Ebay, or the AO Classifieds forum, they pop up every so often, just keep your eyes peeled.

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-14-2002, 12:32 PM
actually, i've been seeing quite a few z grips on the classifieds. i think people have been selling slightly prematurely because of the intelli-zgrips. i know it might not seem a lot but i must have seen 5-10 in the past month go around on the classifieds.

majordamage-wouldn't a 2.22 spacer be about the length of the bolt. i think you might have meant to say .222. just curious.

Tim Jacobitz
02-14-2002, 12:34 PM
I have a z-grip and a retro valve. I found the "sweet" spot on my trigger. All though the pressure going into the valve adjusts the amount of reactiveness of the trigger the sweet spot can only be accuired with the right power tube spacer. I spacer needed varys depending on the valve. As for z-grips I have found that the best place to find them is from pro shops and people at local fields. You would be suprised at the number of people who have them laying around collecting dust. I bought 3 of them from a pro shop near my house. The owner's team used to use they before switching to autocockers. I paid $65 a piece for them. I kept one for my self and sold the other 2 for $100 a pop at my local field. In the end it was like I got a free z-grip and getting $5 extra dollars for my self. It just goes to show you most people don't know what they got.