PDA

View Full Version : Micromag foregrip options?

Jiker
05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I just picked up a Micromag (gen2 I believe), and it does not have a foregrip. It seems the vertical ASAs for these things are hard to come by. I dont need a vert ASA, but the Micro foregrips are... visually unappealing. What options do I have?

My first instinct was to go custom, but I don't know who I would even contact.. a random machine shop? a paintball company somewhere? Some guy on the internet?

Then I thought about attempting it myself. Give time a bit of effort, I'm pretty sure I could make a grip from wood, then stain and seal it. But then I would *need* to get wood grips, which I don't think are easy to come by either.. (or am I wrong?)

I'm just a bit at a loss as to what to do.. any ideas?

Second question.. the stock benchmark frame is ok, but I would like a more classic feel. Would the AGD CF frame work on the Micro without sear pins falling out or anything?

georgeyew
05-17-2011, 02:30 PM
If your sear is held in by wings, then the CF frames will not work. You could take a mold of the Micromag foregrip attachment and get someone to mill you a custom piece.

rseb4agze
05-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I can tell you right now being a micromag owner myself. Finding the Vert Adapter is going to be a mission! But as far as using a cf frame its possible but your going to have to glue the pin in place.

OPBN
05-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Wood grips are actually quite easy to come by. I beleive there are at 2 guys advertising in the dealers section that are currently making 45 wood grips. If the frame is a single benchy, it is actually pretty old school.

Pneumagger
05-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Machine one from a Doc's or Punisher's ASA blank.