PDA

View Full Version : Automag Grip frames?

aztlan messiah
05-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Been looking around today on various forums, can't find a compilation of the various grip frames out there. I understand the difference btwn the 45*, 90* and the hybrid. Just not sure which name goes with which angle?

Could someone link me the page (if there is one) on the diffrences and or benefits of each.
Specifically the ones that can still be purchased. No need to tell me the specs of ones I cannot find. Can all of these be Pneumagged?

Would like to upgrade my grip frame on my ULE and not sure which to choose. Some of you have owned multiple of these and would have the answers I need.

So going to take some time and start comparing them as I go!

RPG
-Chimera: 90*
(Makes a marker profile taller almost by 1", grips hard to come by, not alot of finger walking room for a EP or Pneu custom, wide grip not for small hands especially if you have thick grips on it)
-Triton: Hybrid
(Same as Chimera as far as "walking room" should you pneumag. Same height and width as AGD frame)
Logic
-UMF: Hybrid
(standard height, same width as the RPG and AGD, way more walking room than the RPG frames should you do a Pneumag or Epneum mod. Standard 45 grips)
Tunaman
-M90
AGD
-Intelliframe: 45*
(short profile, standard grips make for a wide grip (not for small hands), back of frame pushes upper hand towards valve screw)
-Y
VER Frame?

Side note: Noticed that the combination of AGD, RPG, and Logic triggers with each frame make for a huge difference. The AGD triggers have slot of play (side to side) with no trigger stops. The RPG trigs give us the mod designs, but have not solved the play issue (they do have trigger stops). The Logic trigger solves both of these issues, minimal trigger play, stops and a bonus of sear pin adjusting contact nut!

Others if appropriate.

Thanks so much, so far been kinda overwhelmed with all the new info. Gotta get it right though!

-AM

sjrtk
05-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Well since you know the difference with the angles, benefits are what is comfortable for you. Most any frame can be a Pnue frame if you are willing to put the work in to it. Some are easier than others.

What are you looking for I have a Logic UMF that has been Pnue'd that i am willing to let go of.

aztlan messiah
05-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Noticed that the Chimera draws alot of fans bc/ of its size. Most Pneumag or EPs I have seen have a Chimera Frame. I guess it's easier to make it a "sleeper".

Any frames besides the M90 made for pneumaging out of the package?

aztlan messiah
05-29-2011, 02:48 PM
What kind of grips do Hybrid Frames use? Thanks!
-AM