PDA

View Full Version : Just venting

bumbabeef
05-22-2011, 11:43 AM
So I don't understand why someone who is selling their gun doesn't take the time to test if it works. All you need to do is gas it up and dry fire simple and shouldn't take more then a couple of minutes. I'm fairly new to the trading and buying off forums but I've always been trustworthy of people on forums. I've bought tons of things in the last 4 yrs and I've always come out with a product that works and if I wasn't satisfied or there was some miscommunication it was resolved. Worse case scenario for me till this gun was a mask that was described as like new but was more like used and abused. I've sold 3 guns myself and I've always gassed it up and shot at least a pod of paint to make sure its in working order. Now I have $450 headache that might end up being more then what its worth. :cuss:

georgeyew
05-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I agree with your frustration. I always test my products before shipping. But some people explain that they can't test because they don't have air. I also don't like it when:

1. Sellers don't disclose any known issues and will only tell you when you ask the "right" questions.

2. Sellers that don't clean their gear before shipping. Normally when you sell goods, you want them to appear as clean as possible get interest. So when I receive markers that are coated in dirt and paint....it makes me wonder.

Sc0
05-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I agree, but price usually is obo with an unknown gun that needs work...

But yes, the seller needs to disclose everything about the item that he is selling, if not his feedback from the transactions can be reviewed by others for future sells. (I got burned on a few things in the past by sellers who "didn't notice" certain things and surely didn't list them when advertising it...)

bumbabeef
05-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Well he seemed like a trustworthy guy and had good feedback. Communication was great actually except that he hadn't used it in 3 months. I never think about asking hey are you going to test the gun I expect that the person will test the gun before shipping out. I've bought 8-9 total guns and everyone but this one has worked. Oh well I guess its a lesson learned but I am going to file a paypal complaint if nothing is done on his end.

StygShore
05-22-2011, 04:15 PM
i always like the excuse - its sat in a gearbag for numbr of months.... do they begin to rot and go bad by then?

My Mini, my Mags, whatever gun I have ever had has always worked rigth out of the bag wiht up to a year on the shelf

Styg

El Camino
05-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Or how about the guy that sells you a bunch of old stuff they don't want any more and just throw it in a box with out padding or wrapping it, so when USPS is done with it, it's in worst shape then when you bought it. Or mail you pointed metal items in a plan manila envelope, so you may get it or not. :mad:

Joelus Morolus
05-23-2011, 02:40 PM
2. Sellers that don't clean their gear before shipping. Normally when you sell goods, you want them to appear as clean as possible get interest. So when I receive markers that are coated in dirt and paint....it makes me wonder.

this point is all too true. i've bought and sold numerous items, but recently i picked a J&J edge kit from a guy in person. he had me waiting 2 hours at the designated spot, then proceeded to hand me the kit bag which was COVERED in animal fur, dirt (including pebbles) and OLD paint. i inspected each barrel back and front, inside and out as i cleaned them in a water fountain looking for nicks/scratches on the interior surfaces. luckily the interiors were good (after using water, napkins and a pen to push them through) and ended up completely cleaning everything once i got home to my specs.

luckily i wasn't disappointed in the items, BUT i will never forget the hassle i had to go through to just check and see if it was worth buying.

sellers NEED to clean their gear before selling or even listing. it's rude in my opinion.

sorry to hear about your transaction :(

wimag
05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
sellers NEED to clean their gear before selling or even listing. it's rude in my opinion.
:(

absolutely !! Last marker i bought on this site had paint slime all over the powerfeed, still broken in the barrel and the detent could barely function due to all the slime and dried up residue.
Not very pleased with that at all and flagged that as a person to never deal with again on this site.

ricco220273
05-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Is sad how people love there gear and take such good care of it until they don't want it anymore and go to sell it

BigEvil
05-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Don't worry bro, I'll get you all fixed up in no time. :shooting:

Frizzle Fry
05-23-2011, 09:21 PM
I usually sell markers that have been cleaned, fired, and tested...

That said, I have dozens of markers and sometimes lack of air/c02 (some want one or the other), time constraints, or "crap I've gotta sell 6 guns and all this gear with them" happens at which point you say that the marker is dirty or untested and the buyer should beware. Untested guns don't sell for as much, so it's a hand off and a bit of a crapshoot. Sometimes you get lucky, as I have with probably 75% of the guns I've bought that have been sitting in a closet/gearbag/whatever, and sometimes you need to do a little work to get it going.

bumbabeef
05-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Don't worry bro, I'll get you all fixed up in no time. :shooting:
I know you will. I've heard about and seen the quality work you do. :)