PDA

View Full Version : noobish micromag questions

unived micindev
05-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I have older RT/PRO with benchmark double trigger frame and RT/PRO valve with lvl X and thinking about gen 3 micromag body. Will it work together without problem? Do I need tuned sear or something?

*nevermind, I found answer*
But still don't know which gen needs wings and which not...how these wings looks like?

Is that power feed replaceable? I saw two pins holding it but it looks like for cleaning purpose. I mean is there around other style feeds or someone who makes them? I would like to have kind of direct feed.

sorry for weak english, I'm not native

thanks
-unived

M98Punk
05-30-2011, 07:31 PM
if you send pro team products an email they sell the direct feeds, I find that Tracy is quicker to reply, which is usually to tell Forrester to help you out :p

Basically you need wings if your micro uses a regular mag sear pin.

The wings are a lip on either side of the trigger frame running parallel the length of the body they make sure that a non threaded sear pin can't slide out of the Micromag body.

If the hole that your sear pin goes into is threaded then you don't need wings. Of course if you have some clear RTV or something like it you can make the sear pin stay in without the wings.

Frizzle Fry
05-30-2011, 11:01 PM
If your micromag is a centerfeed, it CANNOT take a winged frame. If your Micromag has a threaded sear pin, it can accept a winged frame but does not need one. The best way to tell without the sear pin is the generation - is the top of the valve partially covered by the body?

unived micindev
06-19-2011, 08:37 PM
thanks for replies...I do not own micromag body, I just planning to get one and dont know which one will be best for me, personally I don't like how micro2k looks, mostly looking for gen2 or gen3....one more question: will gen3 micromag body works with benchmark frame taken from rt pro and sear pin also from rt-pro? sorry for being stupid, just want to be sure before I spent $ for body plus 50$ for shipping, Thanks

Ando
06-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Stupid question cause i already know the answer. Why don't you just buy a fully setup micromag? That way there won't be a doubt what is and isn't compatible.

As for a gen 3 body, I'm about 90% sure they have a threaded pin holding the sear which would mean they use RT sears and any frame would work on it.

Wait till someone conferms before you take the deal.

unived micindev
06-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Stupid question cause i already know the answer. Why don't you just buy a fully setup micromag? That way there won't be a doubt what is and isn't compatible.

As for a gen 3 body, I'm about 90% sure they have a threaded pin holding the sear which would mean they use RT sears and any frame would work on it.

Wait till someone conferms before you take the deal.
Thanks for reply, I dont need complete micromag, allready have classic valve and some parts, so with micrmag body I will have 2 complete markers

athomas
06-20-2011, 07:43 PM
As for a gen 3 body, I'm about 90% sure they have a threaded pin holding the sear which would mean they use RT sears and any frame would work on it. No, the threaded sear pins on these are the same size as the classic sear pins. These micro-mags take the classic sear.

unived micindev: Your benchmark frame should fit the gen 3 powerfed micromag. One thing you need to be aware of, is the breach differences in these bodies. They are a bit tighter. You may need to sand down the tip of the bolt to make it fit in the breach properly. You can take the powerfeed off by removing the screws and sliding it out of the holder.

Ando
06-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Hmm...I thought I had a gen 3 micro. I'll have to re-ck that then.

athomas
06-20-2011, 08:00 PM
The only micros that take the rt sear are the new bodies that just came out.

unived micindev
06-21-2011, 12:58 PM
The only micros that take the rt sear are the new bodies that just came out.

thanks man, so I just need micromag gen3 body with sear in it and I'm good to go...time to collect some $$$