PDA

View Full Version : minimag problems

ProblemKinder
05-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Hello forum!

I have a classic minimag with a zgrip. Pretty standard, haven't done anything to it (except throw on a zgrip obviously) and I have a problem.

I haven't shot paint or chronoed it, but it does fire, the thing is after I fire, if I wait about 10 seconds or so it starts leaking out the back end of the valve. is this a bad thing? is this easy to fix? Is my marker going to explode?

thanks!

Ando
05-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Just turn your velocity down a bit. You have your pressure up too high which is causing the reg to bleed (air).

If you take that to the chrono as is your probably be shooting in the 300's.

ProblemKinder
05-24-2011, 05:33 AM
except the gun won't shoot when I have it turned down. I turn it up just to the point where it will actually fire. and at that point, it leaks out the back 10 seconds after I fire.

Ando
05-24-2011, 07:38 AM
If you turn it up any more does it start venting immediately?
Are you running a lvl X bolt and what spring are you using?

Spider-TW
05-24-2011, 09:11 AM
except the gun won't shoot when I have it turned down. I turn it up just to the point where it will actually fire. and at that point, it leaks out the back 10 seconds after I fire.
If it's shooting hot after that 10 seconds, your reg seat is leaking by. May just need cleaning and oil.

ProblemKinder
05-24-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm pretty sure everything is stock. probably level 7? I dunno what comes with the classic.

This weekend I will hopefully get out and play, I will try to chrono the gun and see what kind of FPS I'm getting.

I haven't turned it up too much, out of fear mostly, so I have not gotten it to just vent all the time. So far it has only vented about ten seconds after I start firing. Then I fire a shot, and it stops leaking for another 10 seconds.

i'll also take it apart, clean it good and oil it up. I never use this gun, so it is probably something simple.