PDA

View Full Version : Duel Detent

kcombs9
05-24-2011, 12:06 PM
at LL4 this last weekend I was having issues with chopping paint, my lvl x didn't have a strong enough spring for that fragile of paint at first so after cutting down the red spring so I could crono under 295 I didn't have any issues with chops.

I notes also while playing and when I got home and was cleaning my gun that if I drop a single ball into the breach the duel detents would hold it up, so any time my hopper got low on paint and didn't have a good stack behind it (Halo V35) that is when I would get chops cause the balls wouldn't fall all the way into the breach, even after I got my lvl x tuned so It wouldn't chop I notes it cuff every time I got low on paint.

so when I take one detent out the paint falls in fine, is this normal?

Its a VD noxious body, with AGD stock detents and I haven't really had any issues with this at my local field I think cause the paint at LL4 is bigger then my local field uses.

I guess my Options could be

1. softer detents so its easier to fall into place?

2. use one of the detents as a cap by removing the ball and spring.

I'm going to my local field this weekend to play with some kids from church I'll see if I have the same issues again.

OPBN
05-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I know the stock detents come with two sizes of o-rings. The skinnier one is for single detent, the fatter one is for double.

kcombs9
05-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I know the stock detents come with two sizes of o-rings. The skinnier one is for single detent, the fatter one is for double.

I don't think I have either o'ring on my detents...

OPBN
05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't think I have either o'ring on my detents...
Could be your problem. The O-rings keep the detent from going too far into the body. The thicker ones obviously more so than the skinny ones. Had the same problem with my dual detent ULE when I first got it.

kcombs9
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
makes sense, I'll see what I can scrounge up for o'rings to put on it.

Thanks! :hail:

OPBN
05-24-2011, 03:40 PM
makes sense, I'll see what I can scrounge up for o'rings to put on it.

Thanks! :hail:
If you don't find any, let me know. I bought several sets a while back thinking the MM2k9 that I bought and the Dallara that I bought would use these and they don't. I still have a couple of bodies that use them, but I could probably spare a couple of sets of O-rings if you need. Or at least one set to get and idea of the size. PM me if you need em.

kcombs9
05-24-2011, 03:40 PM
yep they have a larger single o ring on each detent, what size o ring do I need? i got some from work but they are the same size as what was on there and didn't have any smaller once.

OPBN
05-24-2011, 03:43 PM
yep they have a larger single o ring on each detent, what size o ring do I need? i got some from work but they are the same size as what was on there and didn't have any smaller once.The larger ones should be what you need to use. I'll try to get a pic and show you what came with mine.

OPBN
05-24-2011, 03:50 PM
I pulled out my calipers and came up with .0665"/1.70mm for the thickness of the fat o-ring and .0355"/.90mm for the skinny.