PDA

View Full Version : nubbin question

Manuel_FZR
02-13-2002, 05:21 PM
Hi!
I made my thoughts about the ball-breaks because of the bolt smashing on the ball.
I adjusted the nubbin this way, that the space between a feeded ball and the bolt is nearly 0. So the bolt will directly accelerates the ball and not smash on the ball after a little space (when the ball is not directly infront of the bolt). Could this minimise ballbreaks?
The other (bad?) thing is: The nubbin protrudes now nearly 1mm to 1,5mm into the barrel (this is needed, to get this "0 space"). Is this too deep?

Minimag4me
02-13-2002, 05:51 PM
i use really small paint so it has a huge gap between the bolt and ball. I never break paint in the barrel from the bolt(only chop from shortstroking). When i used wire nubbins, i only had a really small ammount like less than a mm sticking out. Sometimes a ball would get by it causing double feeding but it never broke even when it shot 2 balls. I had it so small in fear that my bolt would hit it and it would fold into my barrel causing a scrach.

Plastic nubbins fixed everything.

soilent green
02-13-2002, 06:38 PM
I don't get many ball breaks at all with plastic nubins and a fomie superbolt and I didn't before with wire and a snub nose if the wire nubin is in the barrel to much it will only increase breaks

Manuel_FZR
02-14-2002, 03:27 AM
I have the P-nubbins. With the V-nubbins, you are not able to adjust them to have 0 space between bolt and ball.
I know, this folding into the barrel is a problem, but when does this happen? I have tested it, and the bolt always pushes the nubbin upwards. At what ammount will the bolt fold the nubbin inwards (and scratch my barrel)?