PDA

View Full Version : HydroLab. Legit?

ProblemKinder
05-25-2011, 07:15 AM
has anybody ever used this service for hyrdoing their tank?

http://www.sounddive.com/Hydrotest.htm

is it legit? it seems cheap.

also, how hard is it to remove the valve/regulator and re-attach it? I would like to save the 10 bucks they charge for that service if there's a pretty low chance of me screwing it up and ruining my tank.

do you guys have any inexpensive suggestions for a good place to send my tanks for hydro?

OPBN
05-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Ease of removal depends on how much loctite they used on it. If you degass it fully and use a strap wrench, you may be able to get it off yourself. I had one tank that came right off, another that I had to send out attached.

I have used a place in Toledo called AquaHut. Prices seem fair and they have a pretty decent turn around time.

wimag
05-25-2011, 07:43 AM
has anybody ever used this service for hyrdoing their tank?

http://www.sounddive.com/Hydrotest.htm

is it legit? it seems cheap.

also, how hard is it to remove the valve/regulator and re-attach it? I would like to save the 10 bucks they charge for that service if there's a pretty low chance of me screwing it up and ruining my tank.

do you guys have any inexpensive suggestions for a good place to send my tanks for hydro?

removing the valve is easy enough. if it starts to bind as you remove it do not force it. Screw it back in and back it back out as many times as it takes, take your time otherwise you could snap the stem off in the tank.
i use blue loctite when reinstalling the valve.

skipdogg
05-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Hydrolab is legit. I have used them many times. Great service.

Ando
05-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Did they change the rule on 2 inch cylinders (like the 9oz and 3oz tanks)? I keep hearing yes and no. I can't seem to find anything saying they did.

xero28
05-25-2011, 10:20 AM
They are absolutely legit. I've had about 5 tanks done there. Though the website I always go through is hydrotester.com, same shipping address though. It looks like this is an old website that was attached to the scuba shop at the same address.

ProblemKinder
05-25-2011, 10:45 AM
They are absolutely legit. I've had about 5 tanks done there. Though the website I always go through is hydrotester.com, same shipping address though. It looks like this is an old website that was attached to the scuba shop at the same address.

cool thanks. :cheers:

reckid1986
05-25-2011, 06:11 PM
ive used them twice fast turn around, but since i found out crossfire is so close to me i take my tanks there. im not sure what shipping costs would be for you but you might want to check them out.