PDA

View Full Version : Twistlock barrels - Bore size VS. breach size

Hobbez
05-25-2011, 10:04 AM
The small paint has finally arrived in my area, much to my disgust. We're having trouble with double feeding with my wife's minimag.

I've tried every nubbin trick in the book (and a few crazy ones that arent) with no luck.

She really wants to stay with a minimag body but, since the bolt enters the breech on twistlock barrels, theres really no way to stop double feeding on really small paint is there? I'm assuming getting a smaller bore twistlock wont cure double feeds? Do the TL to cocker adapters handle small paint well? Should I just buy her a ULE and be done with it? Opinions please. Thanks

Ando
05-25-2011, 10:08 AM
You try the tape around the nubbins to force them further in the breach?

OPBN
05-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I know they are expensive, but I beleive Palmers offers TL barrels with dual detents.

Spider-TW
05-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Those detents usually go in pretty far. Is she using a force feed loader?

Hobbez
05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Done the tape trick, didnt help. No forcefeed, using a 9v vl200 atm. Tried both the round and V style wire detents and the plastic ones. Plastic just doesnt work and with both metal ones, the bolt breaks them if you bend them in far enough to stop double feeds.

Ando
05-25-2011, 12:47 PM
There's someone here selling a ton of twist locks. Talk with him and see which ones have double nubbins.

athomas
05-26-2011, 07:34 PM
You can actually get the plastic ones to go in quite far with the right amount of tape on the back of the knob of the nubbin.