PDA

View Full Version : Hey all.

Aranarth
02-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Would like to introduce and say hello to everyone here. Been browsing the forums for couple days, seeing what you have, and like it. Newbie to the 'mag scene, though been playing for couple years now. Almost done with my spyder project, and want to start another, and figure this is the place to find the info I need.
To give a basis, I am looking into building, basically, a warp fed electro running off hpa.
Questions for those who know (and there should be quite a few quests. . .)
#1: Any info on horizontal feeds? Seen a couple pics of them, but cant find anything definate. Looks like the extreme e-mag feed is separate from the rest of the body, along with the sla (think its sla?). Are these rotatable so you can have a warp feed horizontally into the gun.
#2: Do we have any dates on release of extreme mag?
#3: What negative affects would blowback have on a horizontal feed gun. Would they be as severe as a vertical feed, or reduced for some reason.
#4: Would horizontal feeding change the mounting of the barrel at all? Ie, does it thread like some markers, or slide in grooves?
#5: I have heard all sorts of stuff about powering the warp and loader off of the mag's battery pack. Is this a modular plug type of thing, or a snip and solder type thing. And if its snip & solder, links to good directions anyone?
#6: Is the Anti-chop-eye thing available on anything besides the extreme?
#7: Whats this about a non-electro mode on emags? Something about it being like a rt in non electro? When in electro, what kind of firing options does it use (semi auto, full auto, etc). Is it like a reactive trigger in both electro and non electro?
#8: Intellifeed: is that where every time you shoot you send a signal to your hopper to agitate or warp to feed? Is this something that standard emags have, or some other type of upgrade.
#9: Saw some pic in one of the galleries with a grip that angled forward, instead of the standard .45 grip. Such that you would hold the gun at your shoulder with reverse grip. Is something like that able to pivot from normal position to that position? Is that compatible with something like the retrovalve type setup?
#10: Is there some sort of faq floating around here that is some sort of tell all on mag upgrades? Some sort of condensed guidance on things like bolt and valve upgrades, whats good, etc?
Well, that should get me started off just fine. :p Thanks all.
-AranarthX

Tunaman
02-13-2002, 07:22 PM
Well good to know ya. Hope you like it here. I would answer all of your questions but I have to run out. I am sure some brothers will be along shortly to help you out...

SlipknotX556
02-13-2002, 07:38 PM
Welcome to AO if u need help everyone here can help.

Army
02-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Tuna, yer such a wuss!

Hello, and welcome to AO. Thanks for deciding to come here for your info! OK, let's get started:

1)"horizontal feed" is that way to better accept the Warp Feed hose, no way to hook a hopper directly to it.

2)Extremes are nearly ready for US distribution, just a few more things to straighten out. No definate time/date yet.

3)since the balls are being forced in, blowback is negated.

4)the horizontal feed does not affect barrels, as those guns will accept only Cocker barrels, which do not extend into the chamber area like 'Mag barrels.

5)There are links in Tech for powering the Warp and Revvy off the Emag battery.

6)ACE is for now, only available on Extremes and I believe SFLs.

7)Manual mode on Emags, simply by-passes the solenoid. You essentially have a ReTro Valve in operation. Emags also have a Hybrid mode, which is Manual with the battery on. This allows the ReTro trigger bounce, with the gun fired by the solenoid. Reaching 20bps is not unheard of in Hybrid.

8)Intellifeed is a switch mounted in your frame that by-passes the eye in the revvy, so everytime you pull the trigger, the Revvy spins. AGD Intelliframes come with the switch mount already machined into the frame (but does not come with the actual switch).

9)That is the AGD Z-grip. It's perfectly ergonomic to the way you hold and shoot a Pball gun. No longer in production, but Tom is thinking about bringing it back.

10) The reason there is no threads or pages about upgrades is........there aren't any decent upgrades! AGD stock parts are the best for performance, nearly all others are poorly made and not to AGD specifications. Bad specs won't mate up to AGD parts, resulting in poor performance and possible damage. THe best upgrades to do are new barrels, nitro, ReTro Valve, and HALO hopper.

shwew, that was a lot of typing with one finger!
:cool:

udtseal
02-13-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Aranarth

#1: Any info on horizontal feeds? Seen a couple pics of them, but cant find anything definate. Looks like the extreme e-mag feed is separate from the rest of the body, along with the sla (think its sla?). Are these rotatable so you can have a warp feed horizontally into the gun.
What you are mentioning is the Modular Feed body of the Extremem E-mag and SFL E-mag made by shocktech. The point of that is that you can have a horizontal feed (so you can put a revvy or Halo on top) or purchase the Warp Feed adapter (not availible yet on the SFL, maybe for the Extreme). For now, you can use the adapter that comes with the Pro Team Products Warp feed for vertical guns to get it working until the proper modular insert comes out.

#2: Do we have any dates on release of extreme mag?

For the US, none that I know of, maybe someone else can help me out here. Should be pretty soon.

#3: What negative affects would blowback have on a horizontal feed gun. Would they be as severe as a vertical feed, or reduced for some reason.

That is an excellent question and I honestly cannot answer it. Someone else help me here please! :)

#4: Would horizontal feeding change the mounting of the barrel at all? Ie, does it thread like some markers, or slide in grooves?

The Extreme and SFL are BOTH cocker threading. If you had a standard E-mag body from AGD, you would need a specialy grooved barrel cause of the locking system. But with the modular breech on the SFL and Extreme, you have cocker threading on the front so barrels dont become an issue.

#5: I have heard all sorts of stuff about powering the warp and loader off of the mag's battery pack. Is this a modular plug type of thing, or a snip and solder type thing. And if its snip & solder, links to good directions anyone?
I hope this helps! (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13883&highlight=emag+battery+warp+feed+revvy)

#6: Is the Anti-chop-eye thing available on anything besides the extreme?

As far as I know, they are very soon to having it for the SFL, if they dont already. Someone else with one might be able to better answer that for you.

#7: Whats this about a non-electro mode on emags? Something about it being like a rt in non electro? When in electro, what kind of firing options does it use (semi auto, full auto, etc). Is it like a reactive trigger in both electro and non electro?
The E-mag has a selector swith to go from Mechanical to Electro mode. When the battery pin is in (the power turned off) or the battery not on the gun or dead, the gun will fire like an RT with reactive trigger. When the battery power ON and the switch in M(echanical) mode, its whats called HYBRID. It is reactive trigger like an RT, only the pull is much lighter. When the selector is in E(lectro) mode, the trigger pull is the sweetest thing you will ever feel. Just like an Angel (if not nicer) and FULLY adjustable by simply changeing the stack of magnets in the frame and adjusting the magnet in the back of the trigger. It is a system designed for complete adjustability and RELIABILITY! Put it to you this way, if the military were to build a paintball marker, the Emag would be it. Complete redundency and the best quality parts you can use. Simplest thing to disassemble and minimum parts to wear down/replace.

#8: Intellifeed: is that where every time you shoot you send a signal to your hopper to agitate or warp to feed? Is this something that standard emags have, or some other type of upgrade.
The emag comes complete with the intellifeed already programmed and ready to go. When you purchase the warp feed it comes with the intellifeed cable you need. Simply plug it into the proper spot on the emags PC Board and plug the other end into the warp and you are ready to rock. There are directions on AGD's site to wire it to a revvy i believe. If i am wrong someone please correct me! :)

#9: Saw some pic in one of the galleries with a grip that angled forward, instead of the standard .45 grip. Such that you would hold the gun at your shoulder with reverse grip. Is something like that able to pivot from normal position to that position? Is that compatible with something like the retrovalve type setup?
You saw the infamous Z-Grip!! That is currently (not in production!) and only compatible with non-electro guns, and that grip is in that position all the time, its one complete frame. You could use ANY valve you wanted that AGD makes. And in normal position, it is not as bad as you would think!! You gotta shoot one to make a judgement! believe me! :)

#10: Is there some sort of faq floating around here that is some sort of tell all on mag upgrades? Some sort of condensed guidance on things like bolt and valve upgrades, whats good, etc?
I dont know of any FAQ for specifically upgrades and stuff. You should just hang out on AO and read all the great posts!! Hang around for a while, we are all pretty cool (most of us, watch out for Cphilip) tee hee!! :) :) But all the info you could EVER want to know about Mags is here. Try the search feature (it really works here!!!) and just ask questions and I and everyone else will do our darndest to answer them!!

udtseal
02-13-2002, 08:12 PM
OK THATS THE LAST TIME I DO THAT!!! HAHA!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT ARMY!!!! LOL! Im leaving my post up anyway. for good measure. cause that took me forever.

MantisMag
02-13-2002, 10:11 PM
haha. well welcome to AO! you received a response in 9 minutes from tunaman. your question was answered in 40 minutes by Army. things are a bit slow lately. normally these times would be much quicker. :D here's a tip. try the search function. a lot of these questions have been asked several times with lots of good replies.

here's some words to use for your search. i just came up with these i don't know if they'll actually turn up good results.
#1 warp feed module
#2 dont' bother pretty straight forward answer
#3 haven't seen any questions about this probably cause it only works with warp feed and blowback doesn't affect a warp fed marker
#4 straight forward answer. been given.
#5 you've been given links already
#6 ACE anti antichop eye (chop was omitted because there's so many threads about chopping however there's not too many anti-something devices)
#7 hybrid manual firing mode emag
#8 intelli*
#9 z-grip (you'll have to wade through a lot of "please bring them back" threads)
#10 most upgrades unless made by agd aren't any good. do a search for "upgrade" and there was a few called "next step" those were threads asking about what the best upgrade is. specifically you can search for warp feed, retro valve, superbolt. if you get the e-mag you don't need retro. retro is for auto- and minimags.

once again welcome to AO. if you want to learn more than what people post on this thread this should give you a good start. if you read the forums every day then you should hear about everything mag within a month. that's what i did. i just started paintball and joined this forum a few months ago and i knew the answers to all these questions. :rolleyes: hope i was some help. didn't want to just repeat what's been said and i know it's hard to use the search function when you don't speak AO. :p have fun! if you read through all the forums you'll know more than you ever wanted to know about mags, agd, and the private lives of the moderators.

FooTemps
02-13-2002, 10:44 PM
Hey aranarth! um... I don't want to say the corny "welcome to ao" so I'll just say... um... HI!

heh, Everyone answered your questions already so I'll just sit back and relax.

Aranarth
02-14-2002, 05:05 PM
Thanks for replies and info all. Some good directions for further clarification searches. Laters.
-AranarthX