PDA

View Full Version : I Did It!

liigod
02-13-2002, 07:54 PM
Yup i did it, ive managed to in advertantly break my $1000+ gun. Then the screw that stripped out of the body, I threw against a window and shattered it. There we go. Im pissed and done with paintball. It cost way to much and this is just weak. Im done. good bye all you wont see me on the forums anymore.

RoadDawg
02-13-2002, 07:55 PM
What gun did you break and how?

LaW
02-13-2002, 07:55 PM
geez maybe you should settle down.... I don't know, something about your description and methods are a little out of wack, may i suggest some help???

PigSweat
02-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by liigod
Then the screw that stripped out of the body, I threw against a window and shattered it.

Sounds like you have anger managment problems :p

hawpunch
02-13-2002, 08:01 PM
so which gun was it? maybe you can get a warranty fix from the manufacturer. i know that not all paintball marker companies are like agd, but they might be able to help you. and if it is an agd product, than i'm sure they can help you out. it sucks, but what can you do...and for sure half the fun is putting your gun back together again :).

aloha,

jae park

MAGS own YOU
02-13-2002, 08:02 PM
That could be the problem :eek:

Jonno06
02-13-2002, 08:04 PM
been there done that,good thing it was with my stingray 2(it was closest)....i put it back together,and there was extra pieces,and it didnt work(it didnt work before,i was fixing it),so..i threw it across the house.and against the wall....

gmag
02-13-2002, 08:28 PM
Wow, man. Calm down. Assess the situation. Just chill. Once the anger passes over your reasoning should return. Think about what you just said and rethink your choice.

Magsrule3
02-13-2002, 08:29 PM
I'll take it off your hands for $10.

RSUAVE911
02-13-2002, 08:37 PM
You are just mad...I get like that sometimes too but to a lesser extent...You just wrote this when you were hopping mad, after you clear your head and think straight you will get it together. Good Luck Anyway! :)

i-luv-my-rt
02-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Well if you wrote this to get pitty dont expect me to give you any. If you spend that much on a gun and strip a nut and then have a pissy fit about it you shouldnt own that gun. This is the stupidest post i have ever read in my life. I guess paintball isnt your sport b/c ya know it does involve a little bit of patients. O well your loss!!!

Army
02-13-2002, 08:44 PM
Dork.

Dubstar112
02-13-2002, 08:45 PM
I dont believe one can just quit the forums cold turkey

Magsrule3
02-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Well said I_luv_my_rt and Army! Some people just cant stand the heat.

rpm07
02-13-2002, 08:57 PM
Start with PROZAC

Tunaman
02-13-2002, 09:02 PM
"Don't let the door...well...you know.:D

nutz
02-13-2002, 09:04 PM
not cool

Gup44
02-13-2002, 10:30 PM
WOW! Perhaps it would do you some good to take a break from paintball for a while. Keep yur stuff, though, cause you'll be back! Good Luck.

GallagherAtWar
02-14-2002, 06:11 AM
he's not reading this because he left the forum
but im not sure but i think it was an emag or an rt

MikeCouves
02-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Why the hell would he post that he is leaving forever? Personally I don't care that some immature person is having a little crap fit over his stripped screw!! Lord I am 14 and I don't do stuff like that, I fix the problem the right way, not break a window (Well I did get PO'd at my parents this year and put my hand through a glass window, but that's a different story ;)). Dude just settle down it's not a big deal! *Sigh*...

kenshinkandon
02-14-2002, 07:11 AM
Why are people posting because he said he was leaving so their really isn't a point to it. Oh well I guess the sport of paintball will have to go on with out another type A personality, what a shame.

Tim Jacobitz
02-14-2002, 01:08 PM
you all would be pissed too if you broke an f5 electronic autococker. But its ok I am thinking of buying it

Nitroduck
02-14-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tim Jacobitz
you all would be pissed too if you broke an f5 electronic autococker. But its ok I am thinking of buying it

Well....Atleast I'd have ths since NOT to buy a F5!

Besides, everyones guns die sooner or later.....Cant just get whiney like a 5 year old and leave because you stripped a 5 cent screw.

i-luv-my-rt
02-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Wow the shame is I know alot about f5 cockers and he never asked a ?. OO well he's quite a fool, someone tell him to sell his f5 so i can buy it.

cphilip
02-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Dufus...

sifu01
02-14-2002, 05:00 PM
I'm glad you are out of paintball. I can only imagine how you act while playing.

ProjectMag
02-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
"Don't let the door...well...you know.:D

I'll finish Tunaman's quote.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! :D

manike
02-14-2002, 05:43 PM
Dissapointed with a lot of you... :(

What happened to "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all?"

Everyone makes mistakes ... said the darlik climbing of a dustbin... and frustration gets to the best of us.

manike

ProjectMag
02-14-2002, 06:31 PM
He doesn't need to come on here and throw his 5 year old hissy fit just cause things aren't going his way.

SGTKennedy
02-14-2002, 06:53 PM
he'll be back. its just way to friggin hard to stay away. i am trying to give paintball up so i can afford my new bike. honda shadow 750. but. i cant stay away.

one time i launched a wrench clear across a large parking lot because i was trying to break a rusted in bolt free and busted it off into my engine block... went and found the wrench cuz it was Craftsman.
-kennedy.

InfinatyBPS
02-14-2002, 08:23 PM
The thing he is mad at is he stripped his body. Not the screw. If you strip a customed Cocker body it could be $400+ right there to get a new one, right out the window(almost litteraly in this case), and I know how he feels in this, You have a $1000 gun and you need to replace a $400+ part. I would be pissed to. Think about it. What if your Extreme or SFL emag body got jacked up thats like $400 for another one. I don't think it is good to be telling that someone who just pretty much lost $400 get mad and complain here, that they are stupid for being mad.

SGTKennedy
02-14-2002, 08:32 PM
it can be retapped. just use a bigger screw. or there are other fixes. you just have to look a little.
My dads company uses PEM nuts. im not sure but i bet they would work on his cocker too. they are a steel nut that is pressed in and it cuts into the surrounding aluminum and is pretty strong.

Or maybe drill the hole out a bit and try to use a glob of JB weld in there and tap that for the right size?

Hes not helpless. he just threw a temper tantrum.

sifu01
02-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by manike
Dissapointed with a lot of you... :(

What happened to "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all?"

Everyone makes mistakes ... said the darlik climbing of a dustbin... and frustration gets to the best of us.

manike

Funny how you are the only one trying to be positive. What should we say? BTW who cares if you are disappointed...you don't sign my paycheck.

paintball8869
02-14-2002, 11:20 PM
a number of paintball shops take care of these things with stainless steel helicoils (i hope that's what they're called). basically, it's a stainless steel insert that goes into the hole that was stripper. It is then threaded to the appropriate dimensions of the screw and the gun is screwed back together again and works perfectly. I've heard of a number of people stripping screws on the intimidators (aluminum body+ SS screw+ tight fit= bad combo). This can be done by Jim at Paintball Kingdom (www.paintballkingdom.com). I believe it's less than $30 to do it, probably a lot less, but shipping is a pain. Just something to think about before throwing out a $1000+ gun over something like that.

sifu01
02-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Whatever...dorks.

manike
02-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by sifu01
Funny how you are the only one trying to be positive. What should we say? BTW who cares if you are disappointed...you don't sign my paycheck.

You know it's a real sad day when the world beats down on someone who makes mistakes which only affect themselves. If you don't try you don't achieve. In my days of design I've stripped threads and got so annoyed with parts that I've wanted to hurl or smash them.

If everytime we made a mistake in the development of the body machining for the extreme, and I hadn't been part of a supportive group then you wouldn't see those designs here yet. AO is supposed to be a supportive friendly group.

It's much harder and a much greater thing to do, to try and lift and help someone who is down than it is to just be another one of the crowd who steps on the person on their way past.

I was dissapointed in the general mood of the response I saw from AO, it wasn't the friendly helpful atmosphere it should have been.

I'm proud of the people who have replied responsibly to try and help the guy.

Sifu01, I'm sorry if you don't care if I'm dissapointed but if I got responses like yours or those here I would pretty rapidly stop doing anything in support of AO. I wouldn't be machining those extreme bodies to designs people have put here and I wouldn't be helping get your ideas and designs into production.

We should all care.

manike

hitech
02-15-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by manike
We should all care.

THAT is the bottom line. Isn't that what this place is about?