PDA

View Full Version : Bill SB798?

OPBN
06-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Hadn't heard of this before really until I noticed it pop up on the Tippmann site. While I don't live in the land of fruits and nuts, it does still seem like it could have some implications nationally on our sport/hobby. Strange that I haven't seem more on this, guess I need to venture out more.

http://www.propaintball.com/2011/06/save-paintball-california-open-letter-paintball-manufactures/

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_798_bill_20110413_amended_sen_v97.pdf

Thoughts?

M98Punk
06-13-2011, 08:23 AM
hasn't this been talked to death? or was it at other forums. Either way it is silly lazy knee jerk reaction crap that lets you know election time is coming..... Some idiot kid got shot because he was a :cuss: moron who depending on the urban legend refused to put his airsoft gun on the ground or aimed it at a cop and ended up being swiss cheese for Halloween.

The correct response for this is issuing the kid a postmortem Darwin award, the parents a pimp slap for raising a kid too dumb to have respect for officers of the law.

Instead they try to make fake guns pink which is great until someone shoots a cop with a pink glock.... pending FDA approve I'm gonna say that even with it being pink the cop will still be dead.

OPBN
06-13-2011, 09:34 AM
I hadn't seen it before, thus my first sentence. First I heard of it.

M98Punk
06-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Well you get points for using thus but lose a greater amount for living under a box. It's been talked to death on forums that have double digit members online on a regular basis. Silly impractical law that will when passed make things difficult for paintballer's and the domino theory is that it will spread to other states. Hurts the woodsballer's quickly but will prolly effect most of us more then people realize since most all goods made in Asia and imported to the US goes thru the wonderfully wacky CA.

Basically they want to make it easier for police to be able to tell real gun from fake gun so they are removing the parts that gave pb guns an exemption. So if you are caught with a milsim marker the isn't pink you can get in :cuss:. Some people who have no concept of applied laws think that it only effects PB guns that are pistols, but that is silly. It will effect most all markers, what we consider a pistol is much different then what the blind eye of the law sees as a pistol.

OPBN
06-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Well you get points for using thus but lose a greater amount for living under a box.
Wow, really? So because I don't spend tons of time on Peanut Butter Nation listening to agglet nonsense or A5OG listening to wannabe Operators I live under a box?* I think the 2-3 hours a day of time that get sucked up by this site are plenty. My wife and three kids like to see me occasionally. Wasnt looking at an insult. If you don't like the subject or feel it has been overtalked, ignore it and move on. I wasn't raising an alarm, just the opposite, I was surprised that I hadn't heard more about it. Perhaps because it has been discussed in depth on other sites, it was overlooked on this one.

* BTW, the expression is "Living under a rock" not "living under a box." The first would indicate that I am an outcast from society living without a clue of what is going on in the real world. The second would indicate that I am homeless. FTR, I am neither homeless nor clueless.

Ando
06-13-2011, 10:13 AM
We don't have to worry about it over here is why it never got posted :rolleyes:

Sucks to be all those Tippmen and BT guys :p

M98Punk
06-13-2011, 05:05 PM
*raises hands*
I'm unarmed, no need to shoot lasers, I was not trying attack you with my cynicism just the lack of traffic to this site in general. And I don't need kids yet, I get more then my fill teaching them... or trying to depending on the day.

it's a law that affects paintball guns written by people that have no :cuss: clue about them, and it doesn't help that many paintballers think it's funny or amusing that this is happening, but they are not lawyers or politico so don't understand the thinking, or care.

But if you will....

When first they came for the tipmann's I said nothing because I disliked them too. Then when they came for the KP's and 007's I said nothing because I thought after they had all the brass they would go away. Then when they came for my neighbors Sniper I watched him hold her tight and kissed her goodbye, but was silent and grateful I had a neon green and black Mag. And when they finally came for me I realized there was no one left to help me.
Paraphrased a tiny bit from today's lesson

Ando,

Yes because I've never seen a mag that was all stainless and black anno? It's quite feasible that a mag could fit under their definition of a pistol all it could take is having a short barrel or your barrel off. I shudder to think about all of the old brass that will have to be painted power ranger pink.... the 007 just ain't got the legs to pull that off...

Ando
06-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Well if you ask me, those Mil-Sim guys brought that crap on themselves. Join the damn military like a normal human being if you want to run around in full battle-rattle.

IMHO. They set paintball back a few steps with said markers. People been fighting against this kind of crap since conception and legislators didn't have a foot to stand on due to the way markers looked back in the day. Forward to today...I hate to say it but the industry just screwed itself.

SCpoloRicker
06-13-2011, 06:43 PM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/451/dontworrysirimfromthein.jpg

OPBN
06-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Well if you ask me, those Mil-Sim guys brought that crap on themselves. Join the damn military like a normal human being if you want to run around in full battle-rattle.

IMHO. They set paintball back a few steps with said markers. People been fighting against this kind of crap since conception and legislators didn't have a foot to stand on due to the way markers looked back in the day. Forward to today...I hate to say it but the industry just screwed itself.
You mean like the Tac One Longbow? :rofl:

BigEvil
06-13-2011, 06:54 PM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/451/dontworrysirimfromthein.jpg

+1

Ando
06-13-2011, 07:15 PM
You mean like the Tac One Longbow? :rofl:
Lol...ya.

Longbow is a joke, just as much as the 400lb kid in the picture.

Geoff Call
06-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Instead they try to make fake guns pink which is great until someone shoots a cop with a pink glock.... pending FDA approve I'm gonna say that even with it being pink the cop will still be dead.

Ahahahaha.