PDA

View Full Version : Barrel leak on RT por with level 10

Darkspidie1984
06-17-2011, 11:22 AM
So I searched around and couldnt find a solution to my problem. I even followed much of the advice in this thread http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257086

So ive had my RT Pro for a number of years now and I always took good care of it. I did not have any leaks until I replaced a bunch of old orings the other day from an RT parts kit and now I have a barrel leak. It stops if I hold back the trigger and put a little tension on it. Occasionally after a couple shots it stops leaking, but then starts back up after I fire it again. I have an event next month and I need it ready by then. Im getting frustrated to the point of getting rid of it. I love this gun and would really just like to get it working. I can take pics of the orings I replaced if needed.

cockerpunk
06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
smaller carrier

Darkspidie1984
06-17-2011, 06:09 PM
smaller carrier
I tried the next size down and it just dumped air. Ill take another look perhaps i went down more than 1 carrier size.

Ando
06-17-2011, 06:21 PM
How many shims you have in your lvl 10? Too many will cause a barrel leak. Pull one at a time and try it out again.

When you do change out to a larger or smaller carrier. Make sure you removed the inner oring in the one getting swapped and install it in the one your putting in. If you don't do this, your just going to cause more issues.

If you just changed out a bunch of orings cause they were old/brown/brittle, you might also want to ck your bolt spring too. It should be a good 1/4+ inchs pass the bolt face. If it's flushed or below the bolt face. It's time for a new one.

Keep and tag the old spring though. They are perfect for pump mags if you ever decide to build one. :cheers:

Darkspidie1984
06-18-2011, 05:49 AM
How many shims you have in your lvl 10? Too many will cause a barrel leak. Pull one at a time and try it out again.

When you do change out to a larger or smaller carrier. Make sure you removed the inner oring in the one getting swapped and install it in the one your putting in. If you don't do this, your just going to cause more issues.

If you just changed out a bunch of orings cause they were old/brown/brittle, you might also want to ck your bolt spring too. It should be a good 1/4+ inchs pass the bolt face. If it's flushed or below the bolt face. It's time for a new one.

Keep and tag the old spring though. They are perfect for pump mags if you ever decide to build one. :cheers:

I took all the springs out. Ill try changing carriers again while switching the oring off my original one. Ill try switching the main spring too.

athomas
06-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes, take out all the shims. Then change the carrier size so that you are using the largest one that doesn't leak. Always use the same white carrier oring in each carrier that you use.

Darkspidie1984
06-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Yes, take out all the shims. Then change the carrier size so that you are using the largest one that doesn't leak. Always use the same white carrier oring in each carrier that you use.

I think that may be where the problem originated. I replaced all the old orings because they were brown and brittle, (Including the one that was in the carrier) Ill give it one last go before I try to part out my mag.

As of right Now I have a longer main spring, no shims, and the carrier I had in it before it leaked. Currently leaking will get back to you when i take another crack at it.

Ando
06-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Ya....Whenever you change out that small oring in the lvl 10. It's a must to re-tune it. If you need instruction in doing so, plz post up and someone will walk you through the steps.