PDA

View Full Version : Were has AGD gone??

Bear_Claw
06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Hey all been a while. Got outa the game a few years back only recently got back into playing due to interest from my kid sister (hehehe told her compared to paint ball those shooter games she plays online are BORING).

Got the girl hooked on the game and she has claimed my old Tippmann Procarbine her own.

Myself god it was fun to be back out there. i was shooting the old 68Auto mag i bought new was back when it was a common sight in the pro shops.

Witch brings me to my question. Were the hell did AGD go?? Went to a big game couple weeks back only seen ONE other mag out there. Went to the pro shop just prior as i wanted to get a pump again for when the paints running low (picked up a Empire remake of the Trracer). I was in there and no mags or parts to be seen. Owner was cool and had a few of his own as he seen mine in my gear bag and we talked a bit about older guns. But figured id ask the guys in the know is AGD still alive why are they not seen no more? Can new ones still be had (Sister eventually wants a better marker and trying to convince her of a mag i buy used if i gotta).

But what threads good without pics heres my antiques

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/BearClaw__/PaintBall%20Stuff/IMG_0201.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/BearClaw__/PaintBall%20Stuff/IMG_0200.jpg

and one of the newest addition
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/BearClaw__/PaintBall%20Stuff/IMG_0530.jpg

dre1919
06-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Paintball is enjoying a 1990's-esque renaissance these days which I find highly amusing. Used to be, if you were interested in using an Automag, Cocker or Tippy you'd be told what you shot was crap and that you needed to "upgrade" to what the "pros" were using (i.e. Angels, Shockers, etc.) NOW, when you go into pro shops, the camo and Tippy's are front and center ($ign of the times I guess). I've played Woodsball, Rec, Scenario and Toruney level speedball and I for one am glad Woodsball and MilSim are making a huge comeback. It's where I think paintball always belonged. I loved the team sports element of soccer with guns, er speedball, but stalking one's prey in the woods with camo on will always be "paintball" to myself and many others. So, welcome back and happy hunting!

SCpoloRicker
06-20-2011, 12:54 AM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1641/mokwiththis.png

I was going to nitpick; but I saw the gear, and I read. I still have a barely living Procarbine, and I had a single frame mag with a centerfeed ULE.

/feelsbadman.jpg

kcombs9
06-20-2011, 07:59 AM
yes you can still get new auto mags, and plenty of good used once to be had at nice prices.

Tom is still around to answer questions but has only just got back into the paintball spot light with a new compressor for at home fills.

Lots of after market mag parts if you want a more "custom" mag. (M90 frame, venom body's rails, PTP 2009 unibody, XM15 body, shockwave 2.0)

you can do good amount of damage with the mag you have.

welcome back!

:cheers:

blackdeath1k
06-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I always loved playing with my RT. For some reason all the kids seam to underestimate you since its not a new electro gun. Now I just need to find a field around here with steady players to dust off the gun and go play again.

Bear_Claw
06-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Cool good to know they still manufacturing em.

And my 68 automags not going anywere :D . I used to have a x-valved mag all modded out it was a phenominal shooter but the simplicity of the lvl 7 classic valve mag still is my personal preference.

Just thinking of picking up a second mag for my kid sister to use.

One more question though were would the best bet be to order a new Tac One for us north of the boarder folk.

Ando
06-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Either AGD or Tunamart.com

Tunaman
06-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I have them in stock. Email me tunaman5@comcast.net

Bear_Claw
06-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Ok thats pretty cool deffinetly give ya a shout tunaman when i ready. Cant be buying paintball stuff just yet leaving on a Big motorcycle trip in a couple weeks.

Bear_Claw
06-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Well little update.

Went ballin again today with my sister and finally convinced her to try shooting my Mag. She liked my Carbine cause of its sighting down the top deal but after one game with the Mag shes hooked and is saving for one of her own.