PDA

View Full Version : X-valve problems resetting

nathanjones008
06-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Good day to all. I just got my ninja reg installed to my pure endergy 68/4500 tank. My tank output is preset to 1200 psi Anyhow is shoots like an animal but are about 20 shots, the trigger would not quite reset all the way, so i had to stick my finger down the chamber to push the bolt back for reset.

Is my velocity set too low? Or do i need to lube my x-valve?

Thanks team :)

p.s. i have only done dry shots so far.

Ando
06-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Sound like bolt stick. Pull all your lvl 10 shims and go to a larger carrier. Remember to remove the inner oring from the old carrier and install in the larger one.

nathanjones008
06-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Sound like bolt stick. Pull all your lvl 10 shims and go to a larger carrier. Remember to remove the inner oring from the old carrier and install in the larger one.

I will give it a try. Before with my previous tank set at 850 psi, i never had this issue. So could the higher pressure cause bolt stick?

athomas
06-26-2011, 09:40 AM
The higher pressure is causing bolt stick due to the RT effect and the added return force on the on-off pin, not the actual operating pressure in the chamber. You have narrowed the operating region. If any parameter changes a tiny bit, it can cause added friction which causes bolt stick issues.

For example, the higher pressure increases the force on the on-off pin and since you are RTing the mag, you are not holding the trigger in to allow a full bolt reset before releasing. If the sear is pushed back against the bottom of the returning bolt, it increases the friction component of the bolt return cycle. There is also residual pressure in the chamber after a shot and friction associated with the carrier oring. If the combined friction and chamber pressure exceeds the bolt spring return force, then the bolt does not reset properly. This is where it is critical to have a perfectly tuned level 10 carrier setup. This is one component that you have control over, so you can reduce the friction to near zero.