PDA

View Full Version : pump mag lvl 10?

captian pinky
06-25-2011, 04:20 PM
is there any difference in tuning a lvl 10 for a pump mag?

robander3
06-26-2011, 03:42 PM
a lvl 7 bolt is more efficient (i'm quite sure), pump stroke isn't effected at all. I've never chopped with my pump mag and its a lvl 7, to be honest I think it'd be a waste of money and it would become less efficient...
-Rob

athomas
06-26-2011, 09:02 PM
The one problem I could see with the pump mag, is that the bolt stem vent hole will be exposed while the bolt sits against the wave spring. It will leak until you cock it or the chamber runs out of air. That would make it really inefficient.

cockerpunk
06-27-2011, 08:42 AM
The one problem I could see with the pump mag, is that the bolt stem vent hole will be exposed while the bolt sits against the wave spring. It will leak until you cock it or the chamber runs out of air. That would make it really inefficient.
no it wont, becuase the trigger isn't live, no air is the dump chamber until the bolt is fully seated.

Spider-TW
06-27-2011, 02:20 PM
no it wont, becuase the trigger isn't live, no air is the dump chamber until the bolt is fully seated.
It's noted around here somewhere (by TK iirc) that the dump chamber usually has a residual pressure after a shot of something like 50 psi, more with paint and less without. It would be like dry firing (or worse) with a level 10, which is pretty stinky efficiency. Not that it would leak all the time, just bleed off that remainder.