PDA

View Full Version : Adding iron sight to ULE body.

Brad Quillen
06-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I have a ULE mag and want to add a sight to help with my first shot accuracy. I'm old and can't seem to fully adapt to the point and shoot philosophy. I have already crafted a slip on front sight for my barrel, now I just need to add the rear part of the sight. Anything with a notch in it will do. That would probably be sufficient. I was just hoping someone else had added iron sights to their mag and had some information or advice to share.

The AGD sight rail doesn't appear to have a notch in it... thus no home for the front sight.

DevilMan
06-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Get one of the slip on AGD rails and get it notched... :D

Or just get a site like the Izon to use.

DM

athomas
06-27-2011, 04:05 PM
The ULE body has a vertical feed that is in the way of any sight. You will have to use an occluded sight for a ULE or any vertical feed body.

You can get rear dovetail mounts that will allow you to fit a slide-on open sight. These rear mounts can be purchased at a gun shop or probably even Walmart or other similar store.

As for the point and shoot philosophy, you are better off using a sight, and then over time your muscle memory will take the necessity out of it anyway. Point and shoot without first learning where the equipment shoots isn't always the best option and it is evident in a lot of newer players (and some more experienced players) who just try to aim using a stream of paint like tracers.

Brad Quillen
06-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Point and shoot without first learning where the equipment shoots isn't always the best option and it is evident in a lot of newer players (and some more experienced players) who just try to aim using a stream of paint like tracers.

This I know. Iron sights help me. I grew up shooting rifles :) .

sQuidvision
06-29-2011, 08:35 PM
not the cheapest option but you could always get a tac body...

athomas
06-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Yes, the Tac body has the built in rails.

Ando
06-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Get yourself a barrel picatinny rail adapter and put a red dot site on it. You could also drill and tap your rail to add a picatinny rail on it as well. Hell if your lucky a the holes on a full length tac1 rail just might line up.