PDA

View Full Version : What to oil, what not to oil

stevewar
06-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get my xvalve / level 10 / ult tuned up, and from what I've heard, proper lubrication is very important. Can anybody give me a reliable procedure for lubing the parts? I tried oiling the power-tube o-ring, and the carrier in the level 10. I oiled the on/off pin (both parts) in the ult, as well as all of the o-orings. I also oiled the outside of the powertube, which I'm thiking might be a mistake.

Anyway, any guidance is much appreciated!

thanks,
steve

Justus
06-29-2011, 03:01 AM
When doing a takedown of the valve, just make sure all the o-rings aren't dried out and that the spring pack has a film of white lithium grease on it. Then assemble and put 4 to 6 drops of oil in the air line going to the valve. Then, with barrel removed and a paper towel over the front of the body, gas up and take about 20 shots.

That should do it.

stevewar
06-29-2011, 09:45 AM
When doing a takedown of the valve, just make sure all the o-rings aren't dried out and that the spring pack has a film of white lithium grease on it. Then assemble and put 4 to 6 drops of oil in the air line going to the valve. Then, with barrel removed and a paper towel over the front of the body, gas up and take about 20 shots.

That should do it.
Thanks man,

Just to be clear, when you say the spring pack has a film, you mean put WLG on the outside of the power tube?

bbotts77
06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks man,

Just to be clear, when you say the spring pack has a film, you mean put WLG on the outside of the power tube?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the spring pack in the reg (back half of the valve). You'll see that if you turn the velocity adjuster completely out.

Newt
06-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Then assemble and put 4 to 6 drops of oil in the air line going to the valve. Then, with barrel removed and a paper towel over the front of the body, gas up and take about 20 shots.

That should do it.

Personaly, I prefer about 30 drops. I also like to substitute the paper towel with a good blowtorch.

Justus
06-29-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the spring pack in the reg (back half of the valve). You'll see that if you turn the velocity adjuster completely out.

^^ This. The WLG is just there to make sure that the spring pack stays in good condition without rust. I don't think it is needed to actually lubricate anything in there.

stevewar
06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
^^ This. The WLG is just there to make sure that the spring pack stays in good condition without rust. I don't think it is needed to actually lubricate anything in there.

Ok, thanks to both of you. I've never taken the velocity adjuster out....

Anybody have a good way to clean the inside of the superbolt?

guseppe16
06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Anybody have a good way to clean the inside of the superbolt?

Hot water soak.

You don't need to lube the outside of the powertube. Once you've put it back together, make sure the barrel is off and dry fire it 20-30 times to get as much excess oil out of the system.