PDA

View Full Version : RT on/off help

robander3
06-29-2011, 02:32 PM
So my xvalve is having a weird leak which i think is from the on/off (its a stock RT on/off w/.750 pin)
when i don't touch the trigger its leaking out the barrel, when i put just the faintest pressure on the trigger the leak stops. Like i could put a paper clip on the trigger and it'd stop. I've changes all my on/off oring.
Also my lvl 10 isn't tuned, i can't get it to seal up correctly. I've used every carrier (its either bolt stick or leaking :confused: ), still nothing... but that's an other issue.
The leak happens despite the carrier size.
Thanks,
-Rob

guseppe16
06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
After you changed all the o-rings for the on/off, did you oil the whole assembly really well?

And with the level 10, replace the o-ring for the carrier. Use the same o-ring and swap out the carriers, moving from largest to smallest. When the bolt starts to stick, swap back to the next largest carrier. If it still leaks, try another new o-ring.

Ando
06-29-2011, 04:42 PM
You have 2 orings at the top right?

Hold the trigger down for 5 seconds. If it starts to leak then it's a on/off issue, if it stops then it's a lvl 10 issue.

Clean out the on/off cavity and tear the whole on/off down. Check, clean, oil and reinstall all your oring and then install the on/off into the valve. See what you get.

Truthfully, If you already changed your on/off orings then it's more then likely dirt or teflon that made it's way into the on/off cavity. If it did stop after holding the trigger then you either have too large of a carrier or too many lvl 10 shims in your power tube.

Remove all your shims then try tuning the lvl 10. Too many shims will cause a barrel leak.

If you need help with the tuning let us know.

robander3
06-30-2011, 08:06 AM
I put the on/off in another valve and the leak stopped so my guess is the lvl 10
I'm making a new thread about the lvl 10, I can't find anyone that has had this problem...
Thanks though
-Rob