PDA

View Full Version : Jon is going to New York Part 2: Official AO party "COME ONE COME ALL"

agdjon
02-14-2002, 09:28 AM
Ok guys,

You all asked for it, wanted it, whatever, here it is! With approval from the BIG MAN himself and Mel from PAINTBALLISTIX, We will be holding AN OFFICIAL AO PARTY. (yes I said PARTY!!!) Here is the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The event will be held at
Paintballistix
537 Newark Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306
telephone number is
201-656-2900
viper911@paintballistix.com

There will be a huge supersale blowout on Airgun Designs' Products as well as special discounts on a few select items in store.

There will be superbolts, Warp Feeds, Mags, Minis, Pros, E-Mags, and yes Intelliframes too, all at BLOWOUT prices! (Wanting to get that mag but still saving your pennies, now is the time)

Time: 8:00 PM Friday Feb. 22 until the last man leaves

Reasons to go!!!

Free tech work (you have to love us and Tom for this one)

FUN

Open door (no invite required)

FUN!

Music (volume control may be an issue)

FUN!

Girls (Guys, tell them to come)

FUN!

Guys (Girls, tell them to come)

Food (Ordered when everyone is around or there is a restaurant across the street)

DID I SAY FUN ALREADY?!

Prizes will be given away (Prizes TBA)

The best part: BOYB (Bring Your Own Beer)
--A cooler will be provided to help store beer--
**Please drink responsibly, Airgun Designs, Paintballistix, all Local Law Enforcement agencies, and pretty much everyone out there does not promote drunk driving so have a designated driver if you plan on getting drunk**
NOTE: THIS APPLIES TO THOSE WHO ARE 21 AND OVER ONLY.

For more information regarding directions, what will possibly be on sale, local motels in the area, or you just want to call Mel and bug him (he is going love me for this one), please call him at the store (contact info above)

Please post here if you plan (I am hoping that everyone going to Top Gun on the 24th will show up for at least an hour so that I can meet you all before hitting the field with you guys) on going to the event as to help us keep count of everyone.

Let's make this First AO party (offline) huge so tell your friends, family members, Mag lovers, Cocker lovers, Angel lovers, anyone (We love you all no matter what you shoot)!!!

**This post will be updated as more information is provided so please check back often**

Siayajin
02-14-2002, 09:55 AM
This would take place in the store?

A bit cramp, no?

Regardless, sounds like a cool idea.

I'm down.

agdjon
02-14-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Siayajin
This would take place in the store?

A bit cramp, no?

Regardless, sounds like a cool idea.

I'm down.

Good point, I forgot to mention that if there will be ample amounts of people showing up, we may end up going to the restaurant across the street and partying over there if the place is too full. They have a bar I hear as well so it works well in the end :)

Glad to hear you are coming too:D

cphilip
02-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Awwww Man!!!! this bites...and me all the way down here in SC....

Jon, let me ask you this... who the heck goes on Vacation in NJ?!?!?!?!? ;)

Come on down South dude! :D

Oh and YOU bring the girls by the way. We know you got "the touch" with em brotha! Got pictures to prove it too.

Hey... Seriously though, all you guys and gals in NJ have fun. I wish I could come too. Someone take pictures for all us stuck at home OK? :(

agdjon
02-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Phil,

we will have pics bro to be shared with all. You really should come up and I am going to New York, New Jersey is just on the way :D

Drop me an email later bro

Jon

giant1515
02-14-2002, 10:45 AM
I want the agd blowout sale here in florida somewhere :) Got stuff on my to buy list and not enough dinero to buy them with. :)

RoadDawg
02-14-2002, 10:57 AM
Well if I wasn't on the other side of the US I'd show up.

agdjon
02-14-2002, 11:12 AM
You see everyone, spread the love, show up at the party so that we can help out our other members in different parts of the nation who can't make it. Let's make this an event we will never forget!!!

Ok, If this event is huge and we get a really good turnout from this, Just maybe, Tom would approve of another AO party in a state near you.

Let's all show up and share the wealth :-)

graycie
02-14-2002, 11:33 AM
gah!i have to work that night....

Thordic
02-14-2002, 11:47 AM
Hmm.. so we are going to party at the Phillipine Bread House?:) Thats the place across the street... :)

Load SM5
02-14-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Awwww Man!!!! this bites...and me all the way down here in SC....

Jon, let me ask you this... who the heck goes on Vacation in NJ?!?!?!?!? ;)

Come on down South dude! :D

Phil, you know Jon does'nt love us. Why would he come down here? Why, when he could enjoy all of that nasty 800 below weather in Jersey, would he come to a nice mild-weathered place such as the south?

Siayajin
02-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by graycie
gah!i have to work that night....

:(

cphilip
02-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by agdjon
Ok, If this event is huge and we get a really good turnout from this, Just maybe, Tom would approve of another AO party in a state near you. :-)

Yes! Well... we here is South Carolina area are indeed already working on one for here so all you guys up there do please show up. It will help us down here to get ours going.

rpm07
02-14-2002, 02:45 PM
I will be there.
Just got off the phone with the store and ordered my freak they will have it for me at the party.

cphilip
02-14-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by rpm07
I will be there.
Just got off the phone with the store and ordered my freak they will have it for me at the party.

Hey do I hear Jello Shooters outa the inserts happening here? The Party Freak!!!!:D

Dubstar112
02-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Hey we need to get a party together in upstate/ central ny area...

gimp
02-14-2002, 03:36 PM
sweetness. I'll have to find a cheap motel or something.

RSUAVE911
02-14-2002, 03:47 PM
Ok, I live about 10 minutes from that place and that whole area is maaad skanky...why dont we have it somewhere its less dirty and cramped, and how bout those who are under 21?

brian terry
02-14-2002, 04:04 PM
john i looked and that weekend im going to a tourny in canton ohio ,i cant get out of it now,as i told u on the phone next time tell me sooner jezzzzzzzzz mannnnnnnnn,//..

agdjon
02-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Ok, Here is the restrictions post:

anyone of any age is allowed to come to the party, you must be of 18 years of age or older to purchase a paintball marker, and you MUST be 21 or older to drink.

*More restrictions to come as more questions get asked :)

Dubstar112: Will see what I can do but if it is real far, I may not have enough time for a secondary party upstate

RSUAVE911: Normally I would agree but I feel since it is an AGD event, we should have it at a paintball store. This would save large amounts of money and time moving stuff out for the big sale :-) Besides, there is a restaurant across the street as well for food and other drinking novelties:D

RSUAVE911
02-14-2002, 04:53 PM
tanks for sale?

What kind of prizes are we talking about? :D

agdjon
02-15-2002, 08:21 AM
Tanks will be for sale (sorry no 4500's yet)

Prizes will be announced. :-)

udtseal
02-15-2002, 09:04 AM
hmmm...i really want to come but that is far and

my beloved car + jersey city = no more car :( IF i could come packin heat I think I would....darn NJ and its no carry laws!

RSUAVE911
02-15-2002, 09:12 AM
yeah its not the best area down there but your car should be fine.

John: and when you say blow-out prices do you mean like online paintball store prices in an actual store. Or like better than online prices?

Thordic
02-15-2002, 09:22 AM
If you are afraid to drive into the Car Theft Capitol of the World (It trades the title occasionally with newark, but hey, we get both in Jersey! Woot!), leave your car at my house and I'll drive in.

That goes for anyone else, too. I live about 15 miles west of Jersey City, and if anyone is afraid to drive in, thinks they'll get lost, etc, you can park at my place. I can fit 3 people in my car, maybe 4, not including me. Let me know.

Originally posted by udtseal
hmmm...i really want to come but that is far and

my beloved car + jersey city = no more car :( IF i could come packin heat I think I would....darn NJ and its no carry laws!

agdjon
02-15-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by RSUAVE911
[/B]

John: and when you say blow-out prices do you mean like online paintball store prices in an actual store. Or like better than online prices? [/B]

Remains to be seen...More than likely, it may be a "meet or beat any price advertised" deal but don't take my word on that. I am not the one who will be establishing it but the prices will definitely be worth the trip. The pricing will be established when I get into town

G-Rexx
02-15-2002, 02:19 PM
I'm not far from there and I know Mel well. I'll be there.

For those of you who fear J.C. Not to worry, I pack leagally!!!
:)

RSUAVE911
02-15-2002, 02:22 PM
where are you in JC...I live in weehawken and goto school at Saint Peter's Prep.

G-Rexx
02-15-2002, 02:25 PM
911 I live in Jersey City, not far from State College.

Thordic
02-15-2002, 02:26 PM
Suave - you go to prep? Well hell, I graduated in '98, my brother goes there now. Matt Casani, hes a senior.

"Should you come to the AO party? Well, yes and no..." -Jack

haha. Come to the party dude :)

RSUAVE911
02-15-2002, 02:31 PM
yeah I am senior and I know casani...He was supposed to get me a Yogi signed baseball but I haven't seen him in school, damn him...lol...I've been trying to get a PB club there but its not working. I have had jack for a teacher, greatest class ever, cause he never meets and we all gots 90s. Yeah, I might go, I gotta see.

Thordic
02-15-2002, 02:35 PM
He got your ball, its sitting on the counter. If he doesnt give it to you this week, I could give it to you at the party.

As for a paintball club, it'll never happen. Dubrule tried to start one back when I was there, and it got squashed. I don't know if you knew him much, but he had a LOT of pull with Jack (Thier wives are good friends or something). If he couldn't pull it off, I don't think its possible. I know Boyle was really against the idea, which is ironic since he ended up running the first school paintball trip. I've also heard that school paintball trips are now banned or something? We used to go to Fireball Mountain a couple times a year.

RSUAVE911
02-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I was one of the kids who he liked because I am on the tennis team which he took over as coach after Crisalli. We always tried to get a trip going but it never happened. Then I jumped off one of the Emmaus house roofs and broke my arm and couldn't play for the rest of Junior season, he got pissed. LOL. I have boyle now, I really want to kick him in the face, but me and my friends are doing interesting counts, meaning we count how many times he says interesting in one class and than tally it up each quarter, last semester he said interesting 392 times. So that makes it a little more fun. Yeah and like basically all trips are banned but me and my friend are going to organize a big trip to skirmish by the end of the year. And just get people to sign up with us so it wouldnt be a school event but we are trying!

edit: and doobie (dbrule) I dunno if you guys had that nickname with him, left last year and is a librarian at Peddie now.

Thordic
02-15-2002, 02:48 PM
So you are the idiot who jumped off the roof of the Emmaus house, I heard about that :)

its ok, I decided to go swimming at 2 AM in my clothes in February at Emmaus. I thought I was gonna die...

I had Boyle twice, if you want to piss him off, every time he says "magma" say "megmer". He used to throw a fit when we did that in Geoscience :)

RSUAVE911
02-15-2002, 02:52 PM
damn we are passed magma...If he says it I will try it...Damn, dumb acts travel fast in the Prep Community. :)

Riotz
02-15-2002, 08:47 PM
I'll go, but not to see Jon :p hehe

theraidenproject
02-20-2002, 12:28 PM
can't make it to the party. I have a b-ball game and transportation issues. I'll see everyone @ Top Gun, though.

agdjon
02-20-2002, 04:54 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=224460&t=2996#post224460