PDA

View Full Version : When Did They Start Making Cheap (Overseas Manufacturing) Markers ?

Dover
07-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I love seeing paintball products that proudly state "MADE IN USA"

However i am aware that because of Production Costs, it became necessary to utilize Overseas Producton.

Kingman / Spyder must have been one of the earliest, and now i would never have thunk it but DYE Precision has their Carbon Fiber Boomsticks "Made In Taiwan". :tard:

I understand both DYE Precision and even Planet Eclipse has markers produced in Taiwan.

Does anybody know which models are being produced overseas, or which were made in USA / UK ?

Newt
07-02-2011, 01:10 PM
If they're advertising USA, it probably is. The company is paying extra for that, and they'll take the marketing advantage.

That's the first time in a while I've heard dye or pe put in the cheap category. IMHO if they can get great quality and lower prices by promoting international trade while creating local engineering jobs, that's a win-win.

OPBN
07-02-2011, 02:41 PM
While labor costs are lower in Taiwan, products from there are typically very good quality. Not in the same category as the junk made in China with inferior materials and uncaring labor. Taiwan actually has a lot of high tech industries, especially in the electronics field. Lots ow quality product comes from there.

Dover
07-02-2011, 03:41 PM
That's what i was thinking too, mainland China has more corrupt and therefore inferior products

Taiwan and Singapore appear to be more regulated / compliant with North American Standards