PDA

View Full Version : Trigger slop fix?

Newt
07-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I have two mags with intelliframes and the AGD triggers with the two finger grooves and the fanbump in the middle. Both have quite a bit of pre travel play before they hit the sear rod or the safety. Is there a common fix for this? I have the ability to put a adjustment screw in, but would rather not if possible.

1stTarget
07-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I shim instead of screw, but as I am an RT fan, I am not sure I could be exact. Just think through travel and resting stops, then visualize where a shim would fit.

maniacmechanic
07-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I have two mags with intelliframes and the AGD triggers with the two finger grooves and the fanbump in the middle. Both have quite a bit of pre travel play before they hit the sear rod or the safety. Is there a common fix for this? I have the ability to put a adjustment screw in, but would rather not if possible.

When aired up the trigger should be the thickness of a CC away from the rod end , the play between the trigger & saftey I don't think you can do anything about that , not sure , it should hit the saftey stop before it hits the rod , with the saftey on

atech2
07-03-2011, 09:22 PM
When aired up the trigger should be the thickness of a CC away from the rod end , the play between the trigger & saftey I don't think you can do anything about that , not sure , it should hit the saftey stop before it hits the rod , with the saftey on
This is the reason the safety is removed on most slide triggered cockers. ;)

Newt
07-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, I've got an adjustment screw in from the top of the frame and it's fine. It's just a bit surprising hundreds or thousands of these triggers are out there with the pre travel slop, and there's no standard fix for it. :tard: