PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Angel Whats The Value ?

going_home
07-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Anyone have any idea what the first model 1455 angel is worth ?
Not working, not in good shape.
Thanks

:confused:

captian pinky
07-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Does it have a charger? Any leaks?

redlaser666
07-04-2011, 04:54 PM
A picture would better help gauge its value but since you mentioned it is in NON-WORKING and in rough shape you may not get much more than $40 or $50. Since it is not in good shape it holds no colector value, and non-working means it is a project or tinkerer item and tinkerers are cheap guys ;)

Good luck with it.

going_home
07-04-2011, 05:22 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/fire%20sale/DSC_0001-25.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/fire%20sale/DSC_0002-23.jpg

I was told it just needs an on/off switch but looking at the condition I am very doubtful of that.
I have not put air to it. it is spray painted black.

Ando
07-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Get with BE. He might even acquire it from ya. ;)

Frizzle Fry
07-04-2011, 06:56 PM
What's the serial? Do you know for sure it's a 1997?

"LED" models were made through '99 and the 1455 designation was used when Brass Eagle was importing them for sale in the US in early '97. In the UK, and when WDP marketed it in the US themselves from '97-'99, it was just the Angel. The "LED" moniker was added later to differentiate between the original model and the later LCD models with the site rail and LCD board.

Unfortunately, the rare LE and private label guns are rarely going over $200 these days, and what you've got is run-of-the-mill and modified at that. My most recent two black LEDs cost me $55 and a Tippmann 98 respectively, both in similar condition to your own though one was uncut and both were just anodized and not painted.

I'd say in that shape, spraypaint and all, you'd probably get $30-$40. Maybe $75 if you parted it out.

going_home
07-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I did get the breach open and verify that the red light comes on on the charger.
And I found a manual online and printed that out.
But I cant find a serial anywhere.

:confused:

Frizzle Fry
07-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Scratched into the bottom of the breech, more often than not, though it varies sometimes with LEDs I've found. Should be under the breech on the main body as well. If the breech has been painted and the area beneath it you might not be able to see it at all as it's not scratched in deep - also you're in for a WORLD of bolt-stick if that's the case.

As for the charger, that's the most valuable thing in the lot (marker included, be it sold in one piece or parted).

spece108
07-06-2011, 03:01 AM
And to think I was offered a Fiero as a trade for mine back then. Turned it down flat out as I had $2k into it. No regrets though, that gun was with me in half a dozen apg shots.

Frizzle Fry
07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
And to think I was offered a Fiero as a trade for mine back then. Turned it down flat out as I had $2k into it. No regrets though, that gun was with me in half a dozen apg shots.

I had one that I paid about that much for myself... Frankly I woulda taken the poor mans Ferrari for mine as I shot my RT more than I used the Angel, but people did put a few grand into them on a fairly regular basis, especially with all the private label markers available, and the valve/LPR mods people were doing early on so I can understand why you kept it.

I was sad when I found that they were worth so little now - but on the plus side the chargers are worth a mint if they work.

going_home
07-06-2011, 02:08 PM
The serial is barely legible .
Looks like its 2269 and was scratched in.
Well thanks for the help guys.
I am Angel illiterate, had 3 new ones from 05 on
but never seen one like this before.

;)

Frizzle Fry
07-06-2011, 05:20 PM
The serial is barely legible .
Looks like its 2269 and was scratched in.
Well thanks for the help guys.
I am Angel illiterate, had 3 new ones from 05 on
but never seen one like this before.

;)

They're my favorite, followed closely by the C&C IR3.

2269 is probably a later model. If you need and help furnishing and restoring it I have some rare goodies for the LED series as well as some of the small standard stuff to get it going. They're really enjoyable shooters, still totally usable on the field and a blast to play with. You might hit the body with a little simple green for now.

mpsd
07-07-2011, 08:47 PM
I've been looking for a LED Angel like that one for some time and made my research (although I was looking for a single trigger with a single trigger guard, as well as a working one, of course).

From my research, a broken one can get US$ 70.00 and a working one can go up to US$ 180.00 (for a black one) or up to US$ 400.00 (for an Eclipse or other rare one).

EDIT: Yours looks like it doesn't have the original push button on/off regulator as well.

Frizzle Fry
07-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I've been looking for a LED Angel like that one for some time and made my research (although I was looking for a single trigger with a single trigger guard, as well as a working one, of course).

From my research, a broken one can get US$ 70.00 and a working one can go up to US$ 180.00 (for a black one) or up to US$ 400.00 (for an Eclipse or other rare one).

EDIT: Yours looks like it doesn't have the original push button on/off regulator as well.

Those prices may have been valid a year or two ago, but having bought two bone stock LEDs in the last few months that just isn't accurate anymore, prices have come way down (plus this one has been... painted). Also, not all of them shipped with the push button on/off regulators or the metric threaded crack pipes. Early ones shipped with metric crack pipes and push button regs, later they shipped with a metric crack pipe and metric adjustable Minireg, then the last ones came with a standard threaded crack pipe and the same standard Minireg as the early LCD models.

Price-wise Eclipses aren't going that high anymore; people may ask for it but they just don't sell that high. You might get $400 for an uber rare Element if it's mostly original and in good shape, but the most desirable and pricey markers (that aren't unicorn-status like the Element series) are the Adrenalin private label series which are milled to disgusting levels, and can go $300-$350 to the right person with the right setup and ano pattern.

mpsd
07-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Those prices may have been valid a year or two ago, but having bought two bone stock LEDs in the last few months that just isn't accurate anymore, prices have come way down (plus this one has been... painted). Also, not all of them shipped with the push button on/off regulators or the metric threaded crack pipes. Early ones shipped with metric crack pipes and push button regs, later they shipped with a metric crack pipe and metric adjustable Minireg, then the last ones came with a standard threaded crack pipe and the same standard Minireg as the early LCD models.

Price-wise Eclipses aren't going that high anymore; people may ask for it but they just don't sell that high. You might get $400 for an uber rare Element if it's mostly original and in good shape, but the most desirable and pricey markers (that aren't unicorn-status like the Element series) are the Adrenalin private label series which are milled to disgusting levels, and can go $300-$350 to the right person with the right setup and ano pattern.

Good info there. Indeed my research was made some time ago but also note that I wrote UP TO before the prices so that would be a top price not necessarily an average one.