PDA

View Full Version : New Member Activation Problem...

DevilMan
07-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey Mods/Admins/TK/Whoever really cares and can fix it... :D

I've got a friend who has tried a couple of times to register here but no go as of yet.... here's the note from him ~>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi DM, Don't know if you can help but...

I have just tried to register on Automags.org forum for the second time. I got the account activation email and hit the link, and now I can log in and view threads etc.. However it won't let me post or reply to anything there, looks like my account (user name GEE TEE) is still waiting activaition by site moderators. I can't even contact the mods there to find out whats going on - any idea how long it will take before I can post?

If you could contact someone on my behalf it would be appreciated

Regards

GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you check and see what's up with the account when you get the chance?

Thank you,

DM

SCpoloRicker
07-06-2011, 08:37 PM
They recently changed settings so that gmail accounts cannot be used to create new accounts; that may be the hickup.

I think that's a poor means of content management, but whadya gonna do?

/feelsindifferentman.jpeg

RedderHokes
07-06-2011, 08:39 PM
They recently changed settings so that gmail accounts cannot be used to create new accounts; that may be the hickup.

I think that's a poor means of content management, but whadya gonna do?

/feelsindifferentman.jpeg

i dont understand

Frizzle Fry
07-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Happened to a few friends, PM Beemer and it'll get cleared up. In both of my cases it was people who's ISP had been banned in situations where an entire apartment complex was one ID or a previous user had been banned with a similar name or something? It happens.

going_home
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Since Beemer is MIA these days better PM Miscue or Army.

:ninja:

AO Moderation Team
07-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Can you check and see what's up with the account when you get the chance?

Thank you,

DM

No problem. He has mail and his account is registered.

http://www.automags.org/forums/member.php?u=230169

DevilMan
07-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Thank you kindly AO Mod Team...

It's appreciated.

DM

GEE TEE
07-07-2011, 03:26 AM
May thanks to DM and the mods - looks like I'm sorted

Regards

Gary

my automag
07-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Sooo... you got anything good to sell, :D or did something catch your eye. :p

Welcome to the AO home. :cheers:

GEE TEE
07-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm sure I'l be trading here in due course

I've recently bought a pumpmag kit from XM15, which I am really pleased with. He also did a great deal on the milled rail, and shipped to UK without problems. I've got a box of classic mag bits which I picked up cheap, some of which were used on the pump. I've still got enough left to put together another mag. Maybe another pump or a custom semi. Hills searless mag conversion has really got me hooked - watch this space. Otherwise I've got my original mag.. or what's left of it from 1996. It's been through loads of transformations, and the latest is ULE bodied, with Xvalve and EGOmag converted. I've always wanted an original E-Mag, but my DIY version's as close as I'll get at present.

Other than that I'm also a bit of a Cocker nut. Got loads of pumps, mechs, E-blades, half blocks.. probably at least 10 working plus parts for another 2 or 3 guns. I'm also a big fan of Intimidators (got an Empire 1) and any classic markers. Don't play a lot of Xball, although I've had a few tries including a recent 3 man pump tournament. Cut my teeth on early 90's UK woodsball tournament scene, so that's where I'm happiest as a walk on player.

Gary

my automag
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm sure I'l be trading here in due course

I've recently bought a pumpmag kit from XM15, which I am really pleased with. He also did a great deal on the milled rail, and shipped to UK without problems. I've got a box of classic mag bits which I picked up cheap, some of which were used on the pump. I've still got enough left to put together another mag. Maybe another pump or a custom semi. Hills searless mag conversion has really got me hooked - watch this space. Otherwise I've got my original mag.. or what's left of it from 1996. It's been through loads of transformations, and the latest is ULE bodied, with Xvalve and EGOmag converted. I've always wanted an original E-Mag, but my DIY version's as close as I'll get at present.

Other than that I'm also a bit of a Cocker nut. Got loads of pumps, mechs, E-blades, half blocks.. probably at least 10 working plus parts for another 2 or 3 guns. I'm also a big fan of Intimidators (got an Empire 1) and any classic markers. Don't play a lot of Xball, although I've had a few tries including a recent 3 man pump tournament. Cut my teeth on early 90's UK woodsball tournament scene, so that's where I'm happiest as a walk on player.

Gary

I guess it's too late to warn you and tell you to try to restrain yourself... well you could still hide your wallet for yourself and pretend like you can't find it. :rofl:

I think every one here is or becomes a MAGHOLIC in do time, especially around when good/rare items appear... ooh I like that sound, should have had that for my user name, hehe.

D.K.

OneSelfLost
07-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I guess it's too late to warn you and tell you to try to restrain yourself... well you could still hide your wallet for yourself and pretend like you can't find it. :rofl:
D.K.

Yea, I wish somebody told me that LOL