PDA

View Full Version : ans phase 2 valve

pbstar843
07-08-2011, 12:25 AM
i just recently got a mag with a ans phase 2 valve on it. is there anything special or different about this valve, from like a classic valve? pls help.

stevewar
07-08-2011, 12:52 AM
i just recently got a mag with a ans phase 2 valve on it. is there anything special or different about this valve, from like a classic valve? pls help.

Back in the day, you could pay big bucks to have somebody drill stage 3 ports in your classic valve (I think I paid 200+ for it) I would guess the ANS phase 2 is omething like this. Supposedly it helps with shootdown, but I didn't notice any major difference, as long as you use compressed air and not co2

VailSkibum
07-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Instead of a little hole for the air passage, it was opened way up.
Basically it was a solution to the 3 hole and 8 hole mod. (Drilling more air passages in the reg,) It was supposed to improve recharge rates and thus reduce shootdown in Classic Valves. IIRC it came out to sooth the bummed-out Classic owners right after HPA and the RT Classics hit the market. (like me. :p ) I think I paid about $70 for mine new. It was a 'must have' :tard: for N2. It uses the same guts out of the standard Classic valve, so it's no different than the stock reg when running CO2.

I remember being at a little outlaw field, getting my CO2 filled out of the back of this Camaro, when a rocker dude rolls up in an Iron Maiden T-shirt w/ a black Automag RT!. It had the cool remote hook-up in the molded RT foregrip, and the body was something out of Battlestar Galactica. It was :cuss: AWESOME! I went and shelled out about a weeks pay for the ANS Phase II that Friday; just to try to be half as wicked as that RT on Saturday. :shooting:
/end senile ramble

athomas
07-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Some of use just marked the position on our valve backs and drilled the single hole in the back that lined up with the front hole. Cured all problems.

The ANS valve back is just like any valve. It will work. It isn't anything special and it uses AGD internals.