PDA

View Full Version : Paintball People #2

DevilMan
07-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Alright so the thread that got started here about the types of work that we do and how long we've been doing it and such got me to finally get off my butt and post this up.

I think there are certain traits that certain people have that bring us all together in certain areas. Meaning I think quite a few paintballers are also motorcyclists. I think that a fair number of motorcyclists are also into other things like sky diving and scuba diving and such. And I think all of those folks have a certain bit of linkage as well. Now I could be totally off my rocker here so why not shoot for it and see what happens.

You can only pick 1 in the poll. As well you are only one of them. I'm going off of the old school original zodiac, not the new one that says we are all off by a year or month or whatever... If need be I'll post a whole new poll on that one to see if they carry the same results.

That said, what I would like for all of you to do is this... simply click on and vote for your zodiac. Meaning if you're a capricorn, then click on Capricorn and vote now. I'm curious to see if there is a larger number of say Scorpio's than any other sign.

Simple enough right?

And what else do you have to do??? I mean if you've read this far it's already taken you longer than voting in the poll will!!!

:D

For those of you that "aren't into it" or "don't believe in it" that's fine.. you can either vote or not but it's really only about your birthdate.

Aries ~> March 21 - April 19
Taurus ~> April 20 - May 20
Gemini ~> May 21 - June 20
Cancer ~> June 21 - July 22
Leo ~> July 23 - August 22
Virgo ~> August 23 - September 22
Libra ~> September 23 - October 22
Scorpio ~> October 23 - November 21
Sagittarius ~> November 22 - December 21
Capricorn ~> December 22 - January 19
Aquarius ~> January 20 - February 18
Pisces ~> February 19 - March 20

DM

Joelus Morolus
07-08-2011, 02:18 PM
i'm a scorpio and i bet we dominate paintball fields haha, all that aggression and stuff :shooting:

DevilMan
07-08-2011, 02:20 PM
29 Views and only 7 input? Wow!!

Feel free to post in here when you do to try and get this at the top for a bit... just wondering. Right now it's a tie between Aries and Taurus and Scorpio I think it was...

DM

JM, I'm banking on Aries/Taurus areas... the god of war and primary fire sign... but that's why I'm asking... to find out.. I'd be also interested to learn what positions are what sign.... you know if you like to be up front or in the snake and if you are a back relax and stand player...

Thanx for the input.

DM

To add... I'm usually up front and center... or just offsides... Not often the snake by choice but I do get in it sometimes. Woodsball... Up a tapeline usually, circle around and :shooting: in the back..

robander3
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm barely a Taurus. may 18th
when i play speedball (which is rarely) i'm in the snake, even though i'm 6'5...

scenario/woods ball i'm a a flanker, i get behind ppl

off the field i'm held back and not aggressive at all...

-Rob

Justus
07-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Uncanny. I'm a Taurus too, with a birthday of May 18.

I've never played speedball. I'm 6'2", and when playing woodsball I tend to find odd ways through the brush to flank people too. Very rarely do I hit the front lines running, trying to swipe a flag or anything.

Newt
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
29 Views and only 7 input? Wow!!

That might mean that paintball people just aren't zodiac people. I for one have no clue and zero inclination to learn.

DevilMan
07-08-2011, 07:35 PM
That might mean that paintball people just aren't zodiac people. I for one have no clue and zero inclination to learn.

Yup... I understand that as well. That's why I posted the dates to make it easy for those that don't care. More like an off topic research to allow those that know nothing about the signs a chance to put in data... unbiased persay.

I could have made the choices/wording this way....

"I've got a theory about the birth dates of people who play paintball. Would you please select which of these dates you fall into.

March 21 - April 19
April 20 - May 20
May 21 - June 20
June 21 - July 22
July 23 - August 22
August 23 - September 22
September 23 - October 22
October 23 - November 21
November 22 - December 21
December 22 - January 19
January 20 - February 18
February 19 - March 20

Thank you!!!"

Would that make it better?

DM

GEE TEE
07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Looks like afairly even spread at the moment

I'm a Pisces and can usually spot similar traits in others under the same sign

DevilMan
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Looks like afairly even spread at the moment

I'm a Pisces and can usually spot similar traits in others under the same sign

Yeah no Libra or Capricorns yet...

Thanx for the input.

DM

Ando
07-08-2011, 08:11 PM
First Aquarius ;)

tolar250
07-08-2011, 08:11 PM
birthday is march 8th so i'm a pisces. i play woods ball , and i usually just run up the middle to get into the action.

DevilMan
07-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Heyyyyy.... we have an increase in Scorpio!!!!

Interesting.

DM

magtard13
07-08-2011, 10:36 PM
pretty interesting #s
cancers aries and scorpios are the leading signs... im a cancer... no big deal. :p

sQuidvision
07-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Libra #1 here... just bringing chaos to the data set... or is it balance

38super
07-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Taurus, and also born in the year of the ox. Now that I think of it, this might explain a few things.....

Justus
07-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Taurus, and also born in the year of the ox. Now that I think of it, this might explain a few things.....

Year of the ox, eh? Bringing Chinese Zodiac into this as well? lol

If the placemat at my local Chinese restaurant is correct, I was born in the year of the "rooster". It didn't used to say "rooster", but this is a PG-13 forum, right?

DevilMan
07-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Scorpio takes the lead it looks like...

hmmmm...

Should I go and make another one that takes into account the chinese years? :D

I'd be a rabbit in that case.

Stuck between a tiger and a dragon... me thinks it wouldn't be a good place for a rabbit.

DM

TwilightG
07-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Gooo Taurus!! :clap: I just managed to squeak in under that sign (May 20th)

hill160881
07-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Sorry only 12 signs(there is one missing), and that is the modern Zodiac calendar, not set according to the stars movements and Made to fit evenly into the calendar. Not the real one used back in those days. :p I love how we change the dates around and then think they still hold the same meanings for the dates we selected. If you believe in this stuff anyway. I have the actual Zodiac signs and there corisponding dates in a book somewhere aroud here, I will try to find it.

I am a Leo, even on the real Zodiac calendar. Most of it holds true. I look like a lion with my hair down and I am not someone to make mad as I loose it easily. I am self centered and arrogant..... Funny how the sign describes my personality accurately.
My style of play depends on my mood. I can play back or front.

I think this is accurate.
ARIES = APRIL 19 – MAY 13
TAURUS = MAY 14 – JUNE 19
GEMINI = JUNE 20 – JULY 20
CANCER = JULY 21 – AUG 9
LEO = AUGUST 10 – SEPTEMBER 15
VIRGO = SEPTEMBER 16 – OCTOBER 30
LIBRA = OCTOBER 31 – NOVEMBER 22
SCORPIO = NOVEMBER 23 – NOVEMBER 29
OPHIUCHUS = NOVEMBER 30 – DECEMBER 17
SAGITTARIUS = DECEMBER 18 – JANUARY 18
CAPRICORN = JANUARY 19 – FEBRUARY 15
AQUARIUS = FEBRUARY 16 – MARCH 11
PISCES = MARCH 12 – APRIL 18

GEE TEE
07-09-2011, 09:49 AM
birthday is march 8th so i'm a pisces. i play woods ball , and i usually just run up the middle to get into the action.

Snap... same birthday as me - Chinese year of the Dragon

Although Hills new dates make us both Aquarius :confused:

hill160881
07-09-2011, 10:06 AM
There are 13 signs, and the dates are set for when the planetary alignment is in the specific consultation. Not to a specific month.

Joelus Morolus
07-09-2011, 10:12 AM
JM, I'm banking on Aries/Taurus areas... the god of war and primary fire sign... but that's why I'm asking... to find out.. I'd be also interested to learn what positions are what sign.... you know if you like to be up front or in the snake and if you are a back relax and stand player...

Thanx for the input.

DM

i too love being right in the middle of the action. my snap shooting is pretty legit and have no trouble eliminating multiple opponents all around me. i'm usually too aggressive for my own good. 6'3 195lbs, do mma and play hockey (goalie, i come out of my net a LOT) so i enjoy the adrenaline of being outnumbered.

front player for sure, woodsball dagger position as well.

maniacmechanic
07-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Sorry only 12 signs(there is one missing), and that is the modern Zodiac calendar, not set according to the stars movements and Made to fit evenly into the calendar. Not the real one used back in those days. :p I love how we change the dates around and then think they still hold the same meanings for the dates we selected. If you believe in this stuff anyway. I have the actual Zodiac signs and there corisponding dates in a book somewhere aroud here, I will try to find it.

I am a Leo, even on the real Zodiac calendar. Most of it holds true. I look like a lion with my hair down and I am not someone to make mad as I loose it easily. I am self centered and arrogant..... Funny how the sign describes my personality accurately.

I think this is accurate.
ARIES = APRIL 19 – MAY 13
TAURUS = MAY 14 – JUNE 19
GEMINI = JUNE 20 – JULY 20
CANCER = JULY 21 – AUG 9
LEO = AUGUST 10 – SEPTEMBER 15
VIRGO = SEPTEMBER 16 – OCTOBER 30
LIBRA = OCTOBER 31 – NOVEMBER 22
SCORPIO = NOVEMBER 23 – NOVEMBER 29
OPHIUCHUS = NOVEMBER 30 – DECEMBER 17
SAGITTARIUS = DECEMBER 18 – JANUARY 18
CAPRICORN = JANUARY 19 – FEBRUARY 15
AQUARIUS = FEBRUARY 16 – MARCH 11
PISCES = MARCH 12 – APRIL 18

I've been a GEMINI for 52 years , don't see why it should change now
All woods & Rec , either right in the front or ghost flanker ( I go around a firefight & attack from the rear )

hill160881
07-09-2011, 12:59 PM
When you were born the planets alignment was pointing at a constellation, that is your sign. There are records to check against. If you have had it wrong all this time then thats unfortunate but very common.

ProblemKinder
07-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah no Libra or Capricorns yet...

Thanx for the input.

DM

LIBRA!!

GEE TEE
07-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm sticking with the Tropical Zodiac.. so I'm still a pisces http://www.pblegion.com/images/smilies/smarty.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_(astrology)

sjrtk
07-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Libra,

I usually work on driving the flanks while playing, try to upset the scales so to speak. Although I usually head for the flank with the more experienced opposition. So I guess the scales balance out again.

EDIT: By the chart Hill has listed I'm a Virgo. Who knew?

MANN
07-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Scorpio will win. Everybody has sex on Valentines day.

punkncat
07-09-2011, 04:01 PM
I think it rather funny that without looking, my first impression was that more Scorpio's do this....and I was right. Casting one more that way.

Hobbez
07-09-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm also Virgo by the chart Hill listed. However, I share absolutly NO traits with virgo. I fit libra to a T though... or maybe I don't.... i just cant decide...

DevilMan
07-15-2011, 06:22 PM
So 82 votes so far... anyone else going to put in the data?

DM