PDA

View Full Version : anodizing cost?

drewwho
07-17-2011, 10:07 AM
just a quick question for the group. what is a standard price for a 2 color splash ano on a body, barrel tip, and trigger frame? also, anyone have a guy to send to that does really nice work?

OPBN
07-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Contact Bazooka Boy here on AO. Seems to do good work.

cougar20th
07-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I say contact www.ATMF.com Ive used them. They did a perfect job. I will be using them again.

OPBN
07-17-2011, 04:24 PM
I say contact www.ATMF.com Ive used them. They did a perfect job. I will be using them again.
Good luck. I sent them a "request for quote" on two seperate jobs and never got a reply.

Loguzzzzzz
07-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Try calling ATMF and ask for Kelly Downs, she handles all the paintball related work. Kelly has given me quotes over the phone both times.

I have used them a couple times recently. Their prices are great and the work is too, just be prepared to wait 3 to 4 weeks.

shooter311
07-28-2011, 05:06 PM
I use thefool (http://www.topazanodizing.com/), His turn around time was less than three weeks and his prices were the best I could find. He has decent communication, and his work so far was great. I have only had parts done in black, but he is doing a custom emag for me right now. There are pleanty of awesome guns around that he has done.

thefool'sFeedback: http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212252&highlight=thefool

DarkApollo
07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I went with Bazooka Boy. I am VERY happy with his work. Very fast turn around time and great communication. :clap:

going_home
07-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I went with Bazooka Boy. I am VERY happy with his work. Very fast turn around time and great communication. :clap:

Well ?

Wheres the pics ?

:confused:

leloup
07-28-2011, 10:25 PM

What do these guys usually charge?

SkinnyHare
07-30-2011, 11:56 AM
I went with BazookaBoy too... I need to find some time to mount the tank, hook up the gas lines, and post the pics, but his work is top notch and had a fast turn around time with my gun. I'm definitely going to be sending him more work.

http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

DarkApollo
07-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Well ?

Wheres the pics ?

:confused:
Check the picture thread :)

spece108
08-02-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm guessing its a semi taboo subject and I wish it wasn't. I've sifted forums for quite some time without getting a straight answer. No one ever seems to take a pic of the parts and post "I paid x amount for this from this company".

Its been since different anno patterns were available from custom shops on cockers that you could get a firm answer. Its always a subjective "very reasonable" or "quite good" price. Very tough to gauge a good deal without having a lot of quotes or a couple of jobs done your self.

cougar20th
08-02-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm guessing its a semi taboo subject and I wish it wasn't. I've sifted forums for quite some time without getting a straight answer. No one ever seems to take a pic of the parts and post "I paid x amount for this from this company".

Its been since different anno patterns were available from custom shops on cockers that you could get a firm answer. Its always a subjective "very reasonable" or "quite good" price. Very tough to gauge a good deal without having a lot of quotes or a couple of jobs done your self.

I think its because ano is a custom thing, qouted per job. No 2 jobs are the same.

I know as someone who does custom work (3d design). That if someone came to me & said I saw on XYZ.com that you charge $xxx for this I want that price I would not do the job because it means to me that the person asking for that price does not understand each job is different.

If your interested in what I was charged for ano PM me & i will tell you in a private setting.

This is the gun. Huge picture but shows the ano very well. In total 25 parts went. Most needed to be striped of old ano & all needed to be polished.
Before: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/1221/VLM_for_Ano.jpg
After: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/1221/vlm_P1010157.JPG

DarkApollo
08-02-2011, 09:27 PM

It is exactly like what was just stated. Each job is different. Number of parts, pattern, color going to and coming from, finish, etc..
My 09MM from Bazooka Boy was only $45. But I was staying with dust finish, and it was only 2 parts. More parts, more money, different patterns, more money, different finish, more money.. etc..

sbpyro
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
The anno place I deal with for work usually charges less if he can batch your job with another job that he has to run anyhow.