PDA

View Full Version : Anodizing old AGD aluminum frames?

OPBN
07-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I just got a old aluminum AGD single frame in. I thought these were cast parts and couldnt be anoed, but the seller says they are the same ones that SP used to use on their splash kits. I have to admit it does look like the one I used to have and the finish on it looks like ano. Seller says some xtra milling and polishing might be needed, but it will ano correctly. Looking at it, I don see why the extra milling or any more polish than what would be needed for other frames, but anyone else have ideas on this?

Thanks.

Newt
07-27-2011, 07:31 PM
You should be able to anodize a cast aluminum part, even a tippmann receiver half for instance. The problem is that you don't know the alloy, which means it won't come out like you expect. Many times cheap cast aluminum parts are pot aluminum, meaning it's whatever crud they had around to melt down.

BigEvil
07-27-2011, 07:45 PM
It can be annoed, but like the SP/Eclipse splash kits they wont match the rest of the parts.

OPBN
07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
It can be annoed, but like the SP/Eclipse splash kits they wont match the rest of the parts.
I had a purple splash kit once and it was pretty darn close. In certain light, you could see it, but you had to be looking for it. I am thinking the darker the color, the better?