PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve on/off problems

indecisive
07-29-2011, 10:08 AM
This is hopefully just to confirm my plan of action to solve a problem, which is to buy a seal kit and replace all of them.
The on/off pin in my mag will not reset properly after firing, when I take the on/off apart the bottom of it comes out with the pin still inside the valve assembly, after taking out the pin and the o-rings I see that the o-rings are stiff and discoloured.

any input would be appreciated as this is my first automag and I am still learning all the ins and outs of it.

Ando
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Since your new...

Don't over tighten the frame or thumb screws, that can cause a recharge issue. They should be snug only and change out the orings, that's usually the first step when dealing with most of the marker.

athomas
07-30-2011, 08:09 AM
The bolt stick could be caused by a leaking on-off oring. You can check that by holding the trigger in. If it keeps leaking after a couple of seconds, then your on-off top orings are bad. If it doesn't leak after a couple of seconds when holding the trigger, then the bolt stick is probably a carrier that is too tight in your level 10 bolt system.

Either way, if the orings are hardened, replace them.

BTW, the on-off pins can stay in the gun when you take the on-off assembly out.

DarkApollo
08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Since your new...

Don't over tighten the frame or thumb screws, that can cause a recharge issue. They should be snug only and change out the orings, that's usually the first step when dealing with most of the marker.

Weird.. I was tuning my lvl10 today and it would chuff like crazy unless I tightened the frame screws down hard.

Tunaman
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Weird.. I was tuning my lvl10 today and it would chuff like crazy unless I tightened the frame screws down hard.
all guns are a little different. AGD now recommends tightening it with a wrench.

Ando
08-14-2011, 07:01 PM
All but one of my markers and I have a bunch (15+mags) have their frame screws slightly snugged and thumb screw tightened down finger tight. The other one needs both it's screws wrenched down considerably. Reason why I told him to make sure his screws were snugged. It's not often you need to torque the hell out of it to get it to fire.

Justus
08-15-2011, 10:39 AM
My question is what makes the OP think that the on/off pin isn't resetting? Is it because after a shot the trigger goes dead? If so, that's a sign of bolt stick and not a faulty on/off pin or o-ring.

Pulling out the on/off assembly in my valves sometimes leaves the on/off pin stuck in the upper o-rings too. It happens, and it appears to be a normal condition. Unless you're experiencing leaking issues, it's likely the o-rings do not need replaced.