PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Paintball releases a reg built for the Automag!

Rob@NinjaPB
08-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Sorry, I had posted this in the wrong section of the forums originally. I'll leave the post here.

Ninja Paintball has listened to the players and we now have a regulator built specifically for the Automag that is in full production!

Over the years, we have received numerous calls from Automag owners asking us to build them a custom regulator with a higher than normal output on high pressure air systems. These players were looking to get more "action" out of the RT on their marker. A majority of the output pressures we have set these regs at, have been 950psi or 1100psi. Since players were asking for a range of regulator output settings, we decided to create a specialty regulator made specifically for the Automag, with 2 different settings. Also, these regulators were designed and are also hand-made by Tom Kaye's old Senior Tech - Jeff Schreiber. Jeff was with Tom Kaye and AGD for 8 years teching markers and regulators. You couldnt find a more perfect person to build these custom regulators!

The regulators are called the SHP (Super High Pressure) and are now available as a special order through any local store or field. If they do not have the item in stock, have them call us to order it for you. MSRP is $53.95, same as the SLP regulator we have had out for almost a year now. These regulators will include our dual oring bonnet and Gen II Piston.

Again, please contact your local store or field for more information on how to order. Hope you guys like what we've come up with for the Automag community. Most of us have been playing for 15+ years and all of us have fond memories of these markers. Its nice to see Tom's line of products still have such a huge following!

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/Pharcyide/EfficiencyDynamics.jpg

Justus
08-02-2011, 05:11 PM
So this is what you eluded to over on X7OG, lol. Nice!

Dayspring
08-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Here's a question - what benefit do you see/get out of the double o-ring on the bonnet?

Rob@NinjaPB
08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
So this is what you eluded to over on X7OG, lol. Nice!

I think Ray has been teasing the guys over at X7OG lately :) He's the guy that checks those forums for the company

Here's a question - what benefit do you see/get out of the double o-ring on the bonnet?

Hi Dayspring. We included a secondary tank o-ring for players that play backyard/renegade ball (out in the woods of the backyard) or at fields that do not stock parts such as tank orings. If a player goes to play in the backyard or at a field that doesnt stock tank orings, that player would have to pack up his stuff, make a special strip to the hardware store to buy an oring or possibly pack up his stuff and go home for the day. If you blow the main tank oring on our system, the secondary oring is functional and will continue to hold pressure, even if the main seal is broken. It allows you to continue playing and then gives you time to replace the main oring after you're done for the day. More of a back up seal in case your main one is not sealing.

Joelus Morolus
08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
awesome stuff. thanks rob :) can't wait to snag one of these badboys

Fatalis
08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Will be getting my business soon enough.

:cheers:

Justus
08-03-2011, 02:10 AM
I think Ray has been teasing the guys over at X7OG lately :) He's the guy that checks those forums for the company

Yeah, I suggested to him that the adjustable reg be capable of being adjusted up to 1100 ~ 1200 psi rather than the current upper limit (950 psi?), and he told me that something of that nature was already in the works and would be coming soon. I'm guessing the SHP reg is it. Looks like it will work very well.

How do you change the setting? Is it the shims, like previously?

Rob@NinjaPB
08-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I suggested to him that the adjustable reg be capable of being adjusted up to 1100 ~ 1200 psi rather than the current upper limit (950 psi?), and he told me that something of that nature was already in the works and would be coming soon. I'm guessing the SHP reg is it. Looks like it will work very well.

How do you change the setting? Is it the shims, like previously?

Hey Justus. We pretty much make regs for automags on a daily basis and have been doing it for over a year now. We thought it was time that we came out with a reg built specifically for the marker and go into full production. We feel these settings will be optimal to get the RT going on the Automag.

Pressure Adjustment will be similar to our adjustable reg. Remove one shim to drop it to 950psi or add it back into the reg to get 1100psi. Its a Belleville Spring Stack so it wont look like the same internals as our Adjustable so people will need to make sure that the Belleville springs stay in the same order on the piston as when they took them out.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions

Spider-TW
08-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Are all of your new regs going to Belleville washers or just some? I think I have a reg from last February that is a coil spring, but I have seen pics of your washer springs.

wimag
08-03-2011, 09:54 AM
love your regs and the customer support. swapped out to Ninjas on every bottle i own. Good stuff.

Rob@NinjaPB
08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Are all of your new regs going to Belleville washers or just some? I think I have a reg from last February that is a coil spring, but I have seen pics of your washer springs.

All of our GS-Series Regulators come with a Belleville Spring Pack. The Adjustable Regulator will come with a coil spring.

love your regs and the customer support. swapped out to Ninjas on every bottle i own. Good stuff.

Thanks for the support :) If you ever have a question on your regulators, please do not hesitate to contact me.

MingusX
08-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Are you gonna get them Pi approved for the European market?
So they become legal to use in Europe.

Rob@NinjaPB
08-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Are you gonna get them Pi approved for the European market?
So they become legal to use in Europe.

Not at this time. However, when you go to fill a bottle in Europe, they are more worried that the bottle itself being PI-approved and not necessarily the regulator. Our regulators are sold all over Europe and we have a lot of players using our regulators in European Union countries.

shooter311
08-04-2011, 08:33 AM
After searching all of the sites looking for an SHP, and many live chat boxes that no one responded to, I stopped at www.compulsivepaintball.com. There was someone asking me how to help on the live chat before I could type my question. Long story short, they drop shipped me the SHP reg, and they said they ordered a bunch to have on hand. He said they will have them listed on the site today. I highly recommend these people.

Rob@NinjaPB
08-04-2011, 11:39 AM
After searching all of the sites looking for an SHP, and many live chat boxes that no one responded to, I stopped at www.compulsivpaintball.com. There was someone asking me how to help on the live chat before I could type my question. Long story short, they drop shipped me the SHP reg, and they said they ordered a bunch to have on hand. He said they will have them listed on the site today. I highly recommend these people.

Thanks for purchasing one of the SHP regs shooter311. Once you receive it and test it out, let me know what you think. Its always nice to hear feedback from the players that use our new products :) I checked with customer service and Compulsive did indeed place a drop ship order for you.

Justus
08-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah, Jon @ www.compulsivepaintball.com (you forgot the "e" in your link typed above) has always been nice to work with.

And, yeah, I knew that Ninja was making high pressure regs set at 1100 or 1200 psi output for awhile now. What I had suggested over on X7OG to Ray was making that reg adjustable. That's when he told me it was already in the works. This is the first I've seen of the high pressure reg being able to be adjusted down to the 950 psi range. Now it's going to compete with my discontinued Nitroduck iReg. With parts for the iReg becoming hard to find, I think the Ninja SHP will win out for sure.

shooter311
08-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Does anyone think 950psi will be too much for my other guns? If it is iffy I"ll try it on my cockers first and see how the regs handle the extra 100psi.

Yeah, Jon @ www.compulsivepaintball.com (you forgot the "e" in your link typed above) has always been nice to work with.

Thanks for the heads up, I just edited it to the correct address.

stevewar
08-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks for purchasing one of the SHP regs shooter311. Once you receive it and test it out, let me know what you think. Its always nice to hear feedback from the players that use our new products :) I checked with customer service and Compulsive did indeed place a drop ship order for you.

Hi Rob,

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I bought one of hte mag specific (1200psi) regs / tanks. I understand that there is going to be a run of those done with the AO logo on on the reg. I haven't used my reg yet, can i pay to get that AO logo laser engraved?

Rob@NinjaPB
08-04-2011, 02:38 PM

And, yeah, I knew that Ninja was making high pressure regs set at 1100 or 1200 psi output for awhile now. What I had suggested over on X7OG to Ray was making that reg adjustable. That's when he told me it was already in the works. This is the first I've seen of the high pressure reg being able to be adjusted down to the 950 psi range. Now it's going to compete with my discontinued Nitroduck iReg. With parts for the iReg becoming hard to find, I think the Ninja SHP will win out for sure.

Jon used to sponsor my old team back in the day. He's a great guy and will definitely go out of his way to help out any players. Not sure how I missed the "e" in the link. Think I might have been rushing and accidentally deleted it.

Its really amazing how many custom regs we've made over the years. We also make regs up to 2000psi so if someone needs a reg with that kind of output for something like an air rifle application, we do have the ability to do it. 2000psi will be our highest setting though.

Does anyone think 950psi will be too much for my other guns? If it is iffy I"ll try it on my cockers first and see how the regs handle the extra 100psi.

I would not recommend using the 950 or 1100psi settings on any other markers. You could possibly use it for air rifles but most of the air rifle regs we make range from 1200psi up to 2000psi (usually). If you want, you can try to hook up the SHP set to 950psi on your cockers to see if they will work ok but I would make sure that your HPR is about to accept that high of an input from your tank reg before hooking it up and trying it out.

Hi Rob,

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I bought one of hte mag specific (1200psi) regs / tanks. I understand that there is going to be a run of those done with the AO logo on on the reg. I haven't used my reg yet, can i pay to get that AO logo laser engraved?

Hi Steve. I just spoke to management about your question. You would not be able to send in your bonnet since it's already been laser engraved. However, we would be able to sell you a bonnet for $14.95 (including the AGD or AO logo, whichever they decide to go with), as long as we move forward with this project. We're still waiting to talk to Tom Kaye before we can let people know if these specialty regs with the AGD or AO logo have been approved.

Thanks and please let me know if anyone else has any questions :)

stevewar
08-04-2011, 02:41 PM
J
Hi Steve. I just spoke to management about your question. You would not be able to send in your bonnet since it's already been laser engraved. However, we would be able to sell you a bonnet for $14.95 (including the AGD or AO logo, whichever they decide to go with), as long as we move forward with this project. We're still waiting to talk to Tom Kaye before we can let people know if these specialty regs with the AGD or AO logo have been approved.

Thanks and please let me know if anyone else has any questions :)

I will definitely want a bonnet with the AGD logo. let me know if the project goes and I will get the money your way.

Rob@NinjaPB
08-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I will definitely want a bonnet with the AGD logo. let me know if the project goes and I will get the money your way.

sounds good Steve!

BenoitOWN
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Rob I used my 1200psi reg on my other gun's and they all work fine. Ans cocker and a Trauma matrix

Rob@NinjaPB
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Rob I used my 1200psi reg on my other gun's and they all work fine. Ans cocker and a Trauma matrix

mmmm...trauma trix. I miss my old freeflow with anderson board :)

It might run on it if the hpr is able to accept that amount of pressure from the tank regulator, but I would not recommend it for everyone. If you're able to get it working and the marker cycles and chronos, continue using it. That amount of pressure might blow seals in the hpr (depending on which hpr they have) on other peoples marker or cause them to leak.

shooter311
08-05-2011, 10:20 AM

Could you let us know what kind of HPR you were using?

ProblemKinder
08-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Customer: Hello, I would like to special order that new Ninja regulator made specifically for the Automag
Shop Owner: made specifically for the what?

can't wait :p

BenoitOWN
08-05-2011, 09:30 PM
One a CP, second is a Ans gen x2

I am currently using good fittings and line as well(norgren with macro rated burst at 3k)

By the way rob ain't the reg made for x-valve are the 1200psi reg? What will happen to this one now?

Rob@NinjaPB
08-08-2011, 09:42 AM
LOL! i had a customer today say "people still use those??"

silly customers... :)

If you guys are interested, TOTShadowCompany is taking special orders in the Dealer Forum section of this site and getting regs with the AGD logo on them! I just got the approval from Tom Kaye and i'm all set to start working on the graphic and converting it to a one color design. Check the thread if you guys want the regs with the AGD logo instead of the SHP logo on it

Rob@NinjaPB
08-08-2011, 09:45 AM
One a CP, second is a Ans gen x2

I am currently using good fittings and line as well(norgren with macro rated burst at 3k)

By the way rob ain't the reg made for x-valve are the 1200psi reg? What will happen to this one now?

If you need more than 1100psi, you can still order a reg with whatever custom output that you want. If you want 1200psi, it would cost the same as the SHP reg with the 1100psi output. The SHP is set to 1100psi from the factory and then you can drop it down to 950psi if the trigger is too sensitive. The custom built regs with a specific output pressure that you designate are preset and non-adjustable.

Dayspring
08-08-2011, 09:53 AM
LOL! i had a customer today say "people still use those??"

silly customers... :)

Next time you hear that, show them this picture:

http://www.nickpapandria.com/images/IMAG0149_resize.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/redic115/tunaball%205/tunaball5314.jpg

Maghog
08-08-2011, 10:28 AM
This is really great news. For a while there, I was worried that there wouldn't be anything like this any more. Hats off to a company that listens to customers instead of trying to force them in buying something. Great work, I'll pass it on to my Mag buddies.
Dan@Triggernomics

TOTShadowCompany
08-08-2011, 11:21 AM

http://www.nickpapandria.com/images/IMAG0149_resize.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/redic115/tunaball%205/tunaball5314.jpg

:wow:

Rob@NinjaPB
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM

Those pics are EPIC! my god...there are a LOT of beautiful markers there!

Rob@NinjaPB
08-09-2011, 12:10 PM
This is really great news. For a while there, I was worried that there wouldn't be anything like this any more. Hats off to a company that listens to customers instead of trying to force them in buying something. Great work, I'll pass it on to my Mag buddies.
Dan@Triggernomics

Thanks Dan. I definitely appreciate you spreading the word for us. If you or your friends have any questions, please dont hesitate to contact me.

Dayspring
08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Those pics are EPIC! my god...there are a LOT of beautiful markers there!

In total:

8 SFL Emags (almost half of the production run)
Numerous Pneumags
Numerous Xmags & Emags

Couple standouts:
1) The FIRST production Xmag (Manike's gun)
2) A re-annoed Xmag that was Tom Kaye's

BigEvil
08-09-2011, 01:15 PM
... lets not forget 4 of the 10 production E90s, and that there were probably another 50 mags in peoples gear bags which were not entered into the Most Awesome Mag contest :) Hell, I had another 5 just myself.

EDIT

foudn Redic's pic

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/redic115/tunaball%205/tunaball5321.jpg

Ando
08-09-2011, 01:20 PM
^^^There's like 20k in markers there...^^^

ROFL...Next time we pull them all out and take pictures. I had 5, only one was in that pile O' prettyness on the floor.

I might jump in on this reg too. Just have to look a few things over first.

Rob@NinjaPB
08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
im guessing this was an automag owners get together? That's pretty amazing you were able to find so many custom mags!

The thing I love about these markers is the following it still has. Tom Kaye really did create something special when the automag was first released.

Dayspring
08-09-2011, 05:31 PM
im guessing this was an automag owners get together? That's pretty amazing you were able to find so many custom mags!

The thing I love about these markers is the following it still has. Tom Kaye really did create something special when the automag was first released.

Our 5th Annual Tunaball day (weekend) at Top Gun Paintball in New Jersey.

BigEvil
08-09-2011, 05:59 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257135

and

http://www.bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=6338

Ando
08-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Your more then welcome to come next year. Next meet looks like it might be the first week of May and you don't need to own a mag to partake. A few of us mag snob might look down upon you but i think you'll be ok ;)

Rob@NinjaPB
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
HAHA That's awesome! Never heard of this event but then again, I am located just outside of Chicago and only attend some of the national events (psp/nppl). Dont get to really venture outside of the midwest to do big games unfortunately.

Thank you for the invite though! Not sure if any of you guys are from the Chicagoland area but i'll be at CPX Sports (cpxsports.com) in Joliet, IL this saturday in case anyone is interested in shooting it up. $40 for a case of allstar/evil, entry and air. If anyone is interested in meeting up this Saturday, send me a pm.

shooter311
08-10-2011, 10:55 AM
I just checked the mail, and my SHP has come in. I hope to do a review of it, but for now I thought I would just show the difference between 850psi and 1100psi. Note: I am using a ULT with two shims, not a RT on/off. I get the best RT with two shims, but this should show the difference between the two regs. I will wait to do the review until the RT on/off gets here.

Click on the image for the video...

Reg tested at 850psi output:
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac139/shooter3111/th_2011-08-10_11-40-42_770.jpg (http://s893.photobucket.com/albums/ac139/shooter3111/?action=view&current=2011-08-10_11-40-42_770.mp4)

Ninja SHP Reg (not tested should be 1100 psi (+/-25):
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac139/shooter3111/th_2011-08-10_11-41-46_943.jpg (http://s893.photobucket.com/albums/ac139/shooter3111/?action=view&current=2011-08-10_11-41-46_943.mp4)

Edit: Sorry it is upside down, it is right side up before I upload, not sure what is going on, but it gets its point across.

Rob@NinjaPB
08-11-2011, 09:48 AM
nice! Let me know how it works out for you after you use it. Would love to get some feedback!