PDA

View Full Version : closing the book

questionful
08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey guys. I haven't been on the forum in a long time. When I was in 7th grade I became intensely obsessed with paintball guns. I didn't go to school in 8th grade, I went to "online" school which meant that for 20min. each morning i clicked buttons saying "yes, I did a full day's work" and then spent hours and hours each day browsing paintball forums. I thought of paintball constantly. In my mind, paintball was a major part of my world. I ended up playing only once or twice, but I used a lot of my money to buy paintball guns and parts. Fortunately the obsession ended a couple years ago. I switched to an obsession with marijuana. Fortunately that ended a year ago after quite a bit of trouble. Now my obsession is my spiritual path. Now I'm hoping to join a Buddhist Monastery by the end of this year.

I gotta bring my worldly life to a close. I have to get rid of all of my paintball stuff that I still have lying around.

I have a Classic RT that I tried to modify and failed. The valve has an oversized on/off hole that I was going to make a custom on/off for. Now, in order to get rid of it, I think I'm going to modify it to accept a classic valve. I guess I should take a picture of all my stuff and just make a sale thread for it. I'll try to do that soon. I also chopped off part of the powerfeed neck in order to clear the line of sight, so the body requires a custom feedneck or loading system.

TLTR? SKIP TO HERE
I have a question. Since I've been gone (2-3 years), have any new loaders come out that could be easily modified to mount to the right side of the gun and feed UPwards into the lower opening of the powerfeed? Something like the Q-loader or warp feed but maybe a little more convenient? I remember hearing that some people didn't like the Q-loader too much, and a lot of people don't like the warp feed. Have any "magazine" style loaders come out?

Ando
08-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Now I'm hoping to join a Buddhist Monastery by the end of this year.

I gotta bring my worldly life to a close. I have to get rid of all of my paintball stuff that I still have lying around.

I have a question. Since I've been gone (2-3 years), have any new loaders come out that could be easily modified to mount to the right side of the gun
Is this a trick question?

skipdogg
08-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Congrats getting off drugs.

Dayspring
08-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Congrats getting off drugs.

After that post, are you sure about that? :tard:

BigEvil
08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Good job defeating your personal demons. I bet a few others around here could learn from your example.

shooter311
08-10-2011, 01:56 PM

If you are getting rid of everything why are you looking at new loaders, and still plan on modifying everything?

I may have misunderstood the post, but if you are gonna join a monastery, maybe you should just put everything up on ebay and just use the money to get you to the monastery, or donate to charity.

And for dropping out of school in 7th grade you have better grammar than most who post on paintball forums!

Ratt
08-10-2011, 02:42 PM
I may have misunderstood the post, but if you are gonna join a monastery, maybe you should just put everything up on ebay and just use the money to get you to the monastery, or donate to charity.

I have changed my name to Charity. Feel free to donate to me... :ninja:

thecroatiansensation
08-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I thought that some buddhists smoked...

And since when is weed a "drug"?

georgeyew
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM

Since they can arrest you for using and selling it.

SCpoloRicker
08-10-2011, 07:23 PM

whatisthisidonteven.gif

Fatalis
08-10-2011, 08:14 PM
I gotta bring my worldly life to a close. .

:wow:

thecroatiansensation
08-10-2011, 08:25 PM
I understand that it is an illegal narcotic, but it is much less destructive overall compared to alcohol.

behemoth
08-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey, well, uh... atleast you found a happy medium....

Ando
08-10-2011, 08:39 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/52/132023274_2fd12a1add.jpg

Justus
08-10-2011, 09:40 PM
I think he's talking about completing the modification that he started awhile back, in order to put his marker into a salable condition.

Redic
08-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I think he's talking about completing the modification that he started awhile back, in order to put his marker into a salable condition.

i agree with you . he want to make a functioning marker to sell

questionful
08-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I thought that some buddhists smoked...Anyone can call themselves "buddhist" so you can find all sorts of "buddhists". I used to smoke and call myself "buddhist".
I understand that it is an illegal narcotic, but it is much less destructive overall compared to alcohol.
I used to say things like that. I call it a drug because while on the drug, the mind is a lot different. Specifically, it intensifies vision, taste, smell, hearing, touch, and makes thoughts more developed and more numerous. It changes things a lot, not just a little.
I used to think that it wasn't that destructive. But now I think that it has some very significant and unpleasant long-term effects. Specifically, I think that it causes increased craving, which leads to less control over the mind and more consequences of dissatisfaction, sadness, guilt, fear, shame, hatred, resentment, frustration, anger, restlessness, suspicion, worrying, anxiety, and more.

Good job defeating your personal demons. I bet a few others around here could learn from your example.
Congrats getting off drugs.Thanks! I'm glad I quit and I'm extremely grateful for how fortunate I was to run into a teaching that led to me getting out of a very bad path and onto a very good path.

Is this a trick question?
If you are getting rid of everything why are you looking at new loaders, and still plan on modifying everything?

And for dropping out of school in 7th grade you have better grammar than most who post on paintball forums!
I have some debts that I want to pay off before joining a monastery, and I changed the feedneck on my RT so that it can only accept a custom loading system. I want to sell it "ready-to-use" so that I can make a little more money off of it, so I'm considering making a custom loading system for it.

need4reebs
08-11-2011, 11:39 PM
hey man congrats getting of drugs man...you should make a fatter q-loader pod and call it tha Buddha! im glad you didnt move on to harder Drugs like did about 12 years ago!!! been off drugs for 6 years after i got stabbed 5 times in a fight over stupid ass stuff and finally woke up! been playing paintball since! so just do wat ever makes you happy...some people wont understand but thats something you cant control tho! just stay up bro!!! Peace!!!

Ben

mpsd
08-12-2011, 06:00 AM
As we had 18 posts of blabling and no-one really answered his question on the first post, I think I'm going to try doing so.

You could solder a piece of picatinny rail on top of your marker's body and then use a BT Rip Clip as your custom loading system. I believe I've seen one like this before but right now I just can't find it... Anyways, make some research on that and you should get you answer, little grasshopper. :)

Good luck on your new life.

:cheers:

EDIT: Just found it: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257691&highlight=Rip+Clip

Take a look and see if that helps.

bound for glory
08-12-2011, 11:27 PM
i know a bit about the lifestyle you say you are going to enter. if you had a clue you'd know that worldly posessions should be "gifted" to clear your "worldly burden". selling something , huh? do some research. :tard:

crazyjoe12
08-13-2011, 02:09 AM
for the guy who said marijuana is not a drug and alcohol is worse ur wrong and right technically speaking both are drugs ones just legal and the other one is getting there.

my automag
08-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Well what to say... :confused:

Congratulations on getting away from one negative life consuming choice, but sorry to say

in my opinion it seems like you are just switching to another group involved with consuming

your life time for their following purposes... Ancient purposes they may be, but why follow

anything at all, really.

Even though they might not put you in jail like other choices, but the fact of having to follow

anything makes me worried for humanity.

We all simply slithered out of a womb empty handed and simple minded, so what made the

rest of life so complicating to some from day one, and so full of these wonderful choices to

choose from?

All I am trying to say is be careful who and why you allow into your mind, and be in control

of it forever... :ninja:

WHAT A SYSTEM :argh:

questionful
08-13-2011, 01:11 PM
hey man congrats getting of drugs man...you should make a fatter q-loader pod and call it tha Buddha! im glad you didnt move on to harder Drugs like did about 12 years ago!!! been off drugs for 6 years after i got stabbed 5 times in a fight over stupid ass stuff and finally woke up! been playing paintball since! so just do wat ever makes you happy...some people wont understand but thats something you cant control tho! just stay up bro!!! Peace!!!
BenI'm glad we both quit!
As we had 18 posts of blabling and no-one really answered his question on the first post, I think I'm going to try doing so.
You could solder a piece of picatinny rail on top of your marker's body and then use a BT Rip Clip as your custom loading system. I believe I've seen one like this before but right now I just can't find it... Anyways, make some research on that and you should get you answer, little grasshopper. :)
Good luck on your new life.
:cheers:
EDIT: Just found it: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257691&highlight=Rip+Clip
Take a look and see if that helps.Thanks a lot!
i know a bit about the lifestyle you say you are going to enter. if you had a clue you'd know that worldly posessions should be "gifted" to clear your "worldly burden". selling something , huh? do some research. :tard:I wish I could recycle it because I don't want to help people cultivate perceptions and emotions of self-gain and harming others, competition, superiority, etc. which seem to be part of paintball. But like I said, I need to pay off some debts. So I've decided to sell this stuff.
for the guy who said marijuana is not a drug and alcohol is worse ur wrong and right technically speaking both are drugs ones just legal and the other one is getting there.I think both drugs have good and bad effects. I've used both myself and met many other users, and I think that one is better off without ANY drug.

Well what to say... :confused:
Congratulations on getting away from one negative life consuming choice, but sorry to say
in my opinion it seems like you are just switching to another group involved with consuming
your life time for their following purposes... Ancient purposes they may be, but why follow
anything at all, really.
Even though they might not put you in jail like other choices, but the fact of having to follow
anything makes me worried for humanity.
We all simply slithered out of a womb empty handed and simple minded, so what made the
rest of life so complicating to some from day one, and so full of these wonderful choices to
choose from?
All I am trying to say is be careful who and why you allow into your mind, and be in control
of it forever... :ninja:
WHAT A SYSTEM :argh:The Buddha said "Place no head above your own." "You are your own master." And:
"Don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, 'This contemplative is our teacher.' When you know for yourselves that, 'These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness' — then you should enter & remain in them."
"Kalama Sutta: To the Kalamas" (AN 3.65), translated from the Pali by Thanissaro Bhikkhu. Access to Insight, 30 January 2011, http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an03/an03.065.than.html.

A Monastery is not a place one goes to so that one can follow others. A Monastery is a place one goes to so that one can search within one's self, with one's own judgment, in a setting that is the best available option for this task. At a Monastery, one is around friends who are working on similar goals and who are helpful, supportive, and polite. And one is away from the distractions of worldly life, and one is in a place where laypeople in search of spiritual teachings can find them offered.

I took pictures of my PB stuff. I will be making a sale thread soon.

bound for glory
08-13-2011, 02:32 PM
good luck!

my automag
08-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Sounds like you got it well figured out.

I like how you put it also, very well stated.

I think we are all naturally born with self spirituality, but fall under the system young without

having enough wisdom about true life and control of it, "under age".

Good luck to you with it all, hope you get there. ;)

need4reebs
08-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Good luck man!!!