PDA

View Full Version : rt ule custom question

Bigdogg868
08-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Ok I have a few questions and please don't laugh cause I really don't know a lot about automags cause I'm a cocker guy.. I'm not a big fan of electronic guns.. I'm old school and love cockers but I wana get something that will keep up.. so I was on AGDs site and it says that I can order a RT ULE custom and it will never chop balls and the trigger is almost as light as a electronic gun.. now id love to hear how true this is and how reliable and if its worth spending my money on.. I read all the stuff on the level 10 and ule , but id like to hear it from people who actually use the stuff.. thanks guys

shooter311
08-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Unless I have been tuning my ULT, I doubt it is as light as an electric gun. I'm not sure if they tune the lvl 10 for you, but mine is tuned well and I have chopped maybe 1 ball out of 20,000. I also use rec paint, if you shoot something really brittle that might be another story.

I was a cocker guy, but when I started playing with people who ramp, I found myself out gunned. I now use a Mag and I have yet to feel out gunned. With the ULT I can walk the trigger, but not nearly as fast as an electro. You will be able to shoot faster than a cocker, but your not gonna hit the same speeds as an electro without having heavy RTing.

Some may disagree, but this is how I feel.

robander3
08-10-2011, 02:46 PM
I have a ULT mag and I spent alot of time teching on it, meaning getting just he right amount of shims in it and having my sear at just the right length. And I've stood next to other plays with their electro and I shoot a string down stream and they look at me going "Is that thing full auto?" which it isn't, just tuned right, its just set up to "rapid fire". But it does take some time to get the ULT to go just right... Or just get a tank that outputs ~1000PSI w/a stock RT on/off, it'll be a heavier pull that the ULT and you can't walk it, but you get an RT effect much like in a tippmann 98 RT or w/a autococker boston flex kit that shoots crazy fast as well...

I've always bought used mag parts, which IMO doesn't make that big of a difference, so i wouldn't know how the guns would come from the factory...

Ratt
08-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I just finished getting my Venomous Designs Mag going. It has an X-valve with a ULT on it. While probably not as light as the average electro, the trigger is pretty dang light. The Tribals I have all have 25 microgram switches behind their triggers. If I compare those triggers to the one on my Mag, I would dare say the trigger on the Mag is about 75 -100 micrograms (call this a guestimate)...pretty light. Now, the regulator on the tank I am using does not have a very high output. If I am correct, once I get a Ninja reg (set for 1100 psi output) on the tank, the trigger will be even lighter.
I guess what I am getting at is if you have the right parts, and do a little bit of tuning, you can get your trigger pretty close to being as light as an electro.

Bigdogg868
08-10-2011, 03:13 PM
This is some good info guys and I appreciate it... I'm from the days where the best guns were the cockers, mags, and angels, shockers etc back 10 15 yrs ago.. and I guess I'm stuck in those times lol cause I like all those guns.. but this is helping a lot and pushing me to order one..

Dayspring
08-10-2011, 04:00 PM
If you're looking for reliability...

I have a mag that I bought probably 6-7 years ago that I have done NOTHING to except put paint and oil through. Not a single problem, chop or otherwise. And it is used once a year, twice if I'm lucky.

I have my original ULT (Ultra light trigger pull) kit in there - this was the one from the RELEASE of the ULT way back when.

Is it fast? Yup. Is it durable? Hell yes. Reliable? If NO maintenance over 7 years is any type of evidence, I don't know what is.

VecTor
08-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I will say that after have tunned my level 10 bolt (thanks to all the info& help from the AO crew here) and adding an adjustable output reg to my tank I now feel like im able to keep up with the electros on my field just fine. I have my xvalve rting @ about 850psi with control any higher than that and it becomes to hard to do a single shot. And yes with a correctly tuned level 10 bolt you will not chop paint period. There are many videos out there to prove the no chop and speed capabilities of a tuned xvalve with lv 10.

I always like seeing the reaction to peps after a long day of play when i walk over and grab the water hose and clean off my gun in all of 2 minutes, you cant do that with an electro!

So i say go for it!!

38super
08-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Mine doesn't chop. I might get the occasional barrel break if the paint is really crappy, but no chops; chamber is always clear.

Last time I played one of the guys in the dead zone yelled at me to turn off the full auto. Yes, they are that fast when so tuned. Out of the box you won't get that but there are people on these forums who can help you set it up to your liking...either for walking or for RT'ing.

ULT trigger is very light but not electro light. The closer your finger is to the fulcrum the harder the pull will be, but it's still very light. Mine pulls under 16 oz at the mid way point (trigger scale). Any time you are pulling against a mechanical sear you are going to have more feedback than you will with an electronic switch, but I prefer that anyway.

Loneassassin
08-13-2011, 10:32 PM
I didn't keep mine stock for very long, but with a ULT and stock Intelliframe it had a softer trigger pull than ANY mechanical cocker. (And my mech Cocker is damn nice to shoot...) With the right input pressure and right shimming, it was walkable, but not very reliably. But I've always been able to shoot pretty fast even without walking the trigger, and with the ULT I could shoot it a hair faster than my mech Cocker, probably around 11bps.

Then I installed Pneumag mods, making the trigger definitely as soft and walkable as an electro.

I know this may ruffle some feathers, but I consider the RT effect to be full-auto, not merely "good tuning" as some put it. You may be able to still get single shots out of it, but you need only hold your finger in the right place and it will rip out a ridiculous string. (When I adjust my Lpr just right, mine will RT at 18bps like nobodies business, and that's only with an 850psi input.) This may not be an acceptable setup at a lot of fields - that's why I wanted a Pneumag setup. I can tune the bounce (RT effect) out and still be able to walk 15-16bps; more than enough for any situation, and more importantly, field-legal.

Either way, a Mag is the way to go if you want a mech that will truly compete with electros.

athomas
08-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Most electronic guns have a stiffer trigger out of the box, for safety reasons. The ULT has about the same trigger force as those electronic setups. The electronic triggers can be adjusted to be very light. You won't be able to get the ULT to be as light as a finely tuned electronic trigger but its still pretty nice.