PDA

View Full Version : Rocky the Paintball Pooch has passed.

Doobie
08-20-2011, 12:54 PM
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of our dog Rocky. Many of you who went to the early Tuna Ball games met him there and a picture of him is in rotation up in the banner at the top of Automags Online as “Rocky the paintball pooch”. He was 13 years old and Trina and I have had since he was 7 months. He was an awesome dog that would hike with us (carrying his own pack) and could swim like a fish. He was amazing with our daughter Alexa and one could not ask any more from a companion. He took care of Trina during my deployments and as a team they earned his Canine Good Citizen Certification and he became a Therapy Dog. Trina and Rocky would make trips to old age homes and the like and he never failed to bring a smile to people’s faces.
In recent years he was hampered by a torn ligament in his leg, but he was still up beat and as active as he could be. It turns out he had a tumor on his spleen and it ruptured the past few days. We found him on the floor of our bedroom last night having difficulty breathing. We rushed him to a nearby animal hospital and the ultrasound showed his chest cavity was full of blood. Heroics to remove his spleen and the excess blood would have only given him another 4-6 months of life and the quality of that life would have been questionable. The most humane option to relieve his pain and suffering was to euthanize him and let him rest, so that is what Trina and I decided to do. We, and all that knew him, will miss him greatly. I thank you in advance for your well wishes. I miss you buddy.

going_home
08-20-2011, 03:53 PM
My condolences for the loss of a friend and part of the family.
Keep your chin up.

behemoth
08-20-2011, 05:14 PM
My condolences.

OPBN
08-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Sounds like he had a full and happy life as well as bringing joy to yours. Sorry for your loss.

p8ntbal4me
08-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Sorry you have to go through that bud. And I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Rocky was a cool dog, never thought much of the banner until I went to TB1 and met him.

Like you said, he was a great companion.

My condolences for your loss

Warwitch
08-22-2011, 06:56 AM
So sorry for your loss. He was lucky to have a caring owner and so many friends. Im sure he will be watching over you.

Army
08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Sucks to lose a great dog.

Best therapy? Get another, and love it just the same as Rocky. Dogs like love :)

Miscue
08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
:(

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Sorry for your lose :(

Dirge
09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
How did I miss this!

I know "I feel your loss" dosen't really cut it, but i can sympathize with the loss of a close friend.

Glad I can say I got to meet Rocky.