PDA

View Full Version : Do I have the wrong superbolt?

talls
02-14-2002, 09:14 PM
I posted a question about what was wrong with my new superbolt today and Major said that it was probably the emag one. It doesn't quite fit past the ridge where the bolt spring sits in the center of the body. It looks slightly bigger than my other bolts but only by a few mm. I was just wanting to know if I probably got the emag version of the superbolt instead. Other than that I just installed my intelliframe and I am loving this thing. I can't wait to field test it because I have been wanting a double finger trigger for my mag for a very long time.

Later
Talls

ArthurDent
02-14-2002, 09:24 PM
ya i think so my super bolt and and my stock look the same size to visible difference in size...if anything the stock looks bigger...you know black is a very sliming color:D

AGD
02-14-2002, 10:57 PM
See if it goes in your barrel, if not call us, you got an SFL sleeve which is bigger.

AGD

BlackVCG
02-14-2002, 11:44 PM
If you have calipers, check the diameter of the bolt at the front. If it's an Xtreme bolt, it will be .695"

talls
02-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Well I don't have calipers, and it does fit into the barrel. I don't know why it doesn't fit into the ridge in the center of the body. So I have decided to sand it down a little (the worse thing that can happen is I have to buy a new sleeve.)

Well I sanded a little off of the super bolt and it fits fine (the tip seemed to be just a little to big to fit). I don't think it was the xtreme bolt so Tom you might want to get someone to measure the remaining ones. I might just have a bad one, but I just wanted to give you the heads up. I am going to test it out this weekend and if I have any problems I will get back at you.

Later
Talls

P.S. I am loving the intelliframe, tell everyone at the factory that they are making a great product.