PDA

View Full Version : PTP Emag feed neck questions

CyberKhan
08-22-2011, 03:11 PM
So I just bought 2 PTP emags, and both have a solid vertical feed neck that for the life of me I cannot find a hopper for. I have a velocity, old revvy, new revvy, dye rotor and a prophecy and NONE of them fit the neck. So what are my options and how are you guys getting them to fit? What I would like is one of those clamping feed necks as they are adjustable to all rotors and work really well. Is there a way to remove this feed neck and put something else in? Because I really don't want to resort to tape or something just to get the hopper to fit. Thanks

maniacmechanic
08-22-2011, 05:00 PM
CCM has the answer ;

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m156/maniacmechanic59/markers/PTPMicroEMag001.jpg

CyberKhan
08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
I went on their site though, just don't know what threads I need. Yours is on the new 2009 body, which i also have, but I have 2 other PTP magd both with the mircomag 2000 bodies, and need those changed out. any idea of the thread? I looked on CCM website and they have lots of feednecks, but dont say anything about PTP mags.

OPBN
08-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I went on their site though, just don't know what threads I need. Yours is on the new 2009 body, which i also have, but I have 2 other PTP magd both with the mircomag 2000 bodies, and need those changed out. any idea of the thread? I looked on CCM website and they have lots of feednecks, but dont say anything about PTP mags.
I thought the 2000 necks were pressed in.

DevilMan
08-24-2011, 03:03 PM
You don't have a real good choice no matter what route you take... one of my issues with a 2K body like that...

You can either sand down your feedneck on a few or your hoppers to fit in there, which will mean that you need to tighten them down more in your other guns, or you can sand out the inside of the feedneck on the gun to allow them to fit, which I don't care to do since it messes up the anno... or you can butcher them up like others have done and cut slots down the side of the feedneck that will allow it to fit... but talk about making one ugly mess AND messing up the value/ano.

The last option I know of is to get one of the super tall clamping feed neck clamps. I'm am not sure of the OD of the feed neck and think that an EGO feedneck won't be large enough but it may clear. If you have access to one try that route first I would say. Get an EGO one and see if it will clamp down and around the stock one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ego-adjustable-Clamping-feedneck-Feed-Neck-Dust-Silver-/260812982956?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb9aa4aac

One like that...

The other option is something similar that I can't find right now... but there were a few made that would fit on the outside of the feedneck you have and clamp and then be clamping on the top... the thing I hate about that set up is that it adds a LOT of height to your set up. But it's at least an option.

I'll look and see if I can find one of the feeds I'm talking about. If you go with the Ego feedneck mod I know someone you could ship it to, to get milled down and fitted so that it would sit down close to the marker and all... but again... if it's a special ano it won't match.

Good luck,

DM

DevilMan
08-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Took me a minute... but I think these are what you can use...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRILOGY-COCKER-FEEDNECK-WGP-TRILOGY-GUN-T-LOCK-PAINTBA-/160607777849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2564f83439

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEVER-CLAMPING-FEEDNECK-TRILOGY-PAINTBALL-GUNS-/380309767157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588c3a83f5

I think there are a few others out there still from an earlier company as well.

DM

DevilMan
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR+628

It says the ID on these are 1.20" so measure the top of the stack on your micromag... either turn it upside down and trace a circle around it on a piece of paper or just put some marking material on the lip of the feedneck and mash a piece of paper against it and then use a ruler to measure the diameter of it, but I'm thinking it'll fit.

It also looks to be cheaper straight from Trinity.

DM

CyberKhan
08-26-2011, 11:57 PM
um wow. Thanks for all the research. Yes I see that they are pressed in. Turns out one of my mags has the anno messed up from the previous owner trying to unscrew it with pliers. Jerk did not mention that to me before he sold it to me. Unfortunately, I bought both PTP mags at the same time and then once I got them realized that I am going to have feed neck problems. Now I am actually in the market for a normal emag rail and a ULE body and these PTP bodies can sit on the shelf for all I care. I will try one of those clamping feedneck things though and see if I can get that to work. Thanks!

DevilMan
08-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Well I have a standard Emag rail that has been ULE'd if you are interested...

PM me a pic of the bodies and maybe we can work a deal or I can get you a better solution... if the stuff is jacked already then maybe go with the mill down and do the Ego feedneck mod...

Just an option.

DM

And yeah... too much free time leads to LOTS of research and reading...