PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve, Level 10, Increased Trigger Pull

stimpysan
08-23-2011, 06:07 AM
I have 3 different classic valve mags with level 10's. After shooting the x-valves, the regular classics and then the classics with level 10's the trigger pull is noticeably stiffer. The only thing I can come up with is because you have to turn up you velocity your putting more pressure on the bolt and more pressure on the on/off pin which in turn puts more on the sear and trigger. Anything you can do to lighten it?

Hobbez
08-23-2011, 06:48 AM
I have noticed this as well. Wasnt much, but a bit of a difference. As for why, your theory makes sense to me, but I don't know if that is reason or not.

The first thing I do with every classic valve I use is pop in an RT on/off. Cuts the pull way down.

stimpysan
08-23-2011, 07:09 AM
I have noticed this as well. Wasnt much, but a bit of a difference. As for why, your theory makes sense to me, but I don't know if that is reason or not.

The first thing I do with every classic valve I use is pop in an RT on/off. Cuts the pull way down.

Thanks for the info. Have you ever tried the ULT in one or it just doesn't work. Do you use the standard .750 pin also. Thanks

athomas
08-25-2011, 06:46 PM
The increase in required chamber pressure has a huge impact on the trigger pull for a classic valve because of the large on-off pin. The bolt force against the sear is reduced by the level 10 but the increased force due to the higher pressure on the pin is greater. The increase in force due to pressure is not as great with the retro on-off pins because of the smaller diameter of the pin. In this case the reduction in bolt force on the sear is about the same as the increase in force due to the pin, and sometimes it even results in a lighter trigger pull.

You can use a retro on-off assembly in a classic valve to reduce the trigger full force. It is a drop in swap. The ULT usage in a classic mag is hit and miss and requires very careful adjusting and tweaking.

stimpysan
08-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the info.

Spider-TW
08-26-2011, 10:05 AM
The increase in required chamber pressure has a huge impact on the trigger pull for a classic valve because of the large on-off pin. The bolt force against the sear is reduced by the level 10 but the increased force due to the higher pressure on the pin is greater. The increase in force due to pressure is not as great with the retro on-off pins because of the smaller diameter of the pin. In this case the reduction in bolt force on the sear is about the same as the increase in force due to the pin, and sometimes it even results in a lighter trigger pull.

You can use a retro on-off assembly in a classic valve to reduce the trigger full force. It is a drop in swap. The ULT usage in a classic mag is hit and miss and requires very careful adjusting and tweaking.

I never thought of the ULT in the light of a level 10 (classic valve). I guess if you had to try a ULT in a classic, having a level 10 bolt should help. I'm usually thinking "x-valve" by the time I get to that point though.

athomas
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Someone should make a ULT with a bigger top section, specifically for the classic valve. Of course, someone would then use it for ridiculous reactivity in a retro/X valve