PDA

View Full Version : Over Kill on Kila Detents

Irish Deth
08-23-2011, 10:53 PM
I have a set of Kila Detents in a mag. They work great. I recently cranked the input pressure up a bit to get more RT. Ok, a lot more RT. Which causes everyone who trys the marker to have Mag envy.

Now I'm SHATTERING the magnets in the detents. The magnet bits pile together. This causes them to not retract when the bolt comes forward, and the detents walk out of the marker.

Anyone seen this before?

Dawg047
08-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Nope but you sound like you have a Mag Monster. Keep feeding it what it needs and I would say forget the magnet detents. Yeah, take that KILA R+D, bet you didn't see the Mag Monster coming. Seriously though, you might want to switch to something that is going to hold up a little better.

FOOGLEMAN
08-24-2011, 06:53 AM
same thing happened to me at standard input pressures (850)... I just cleared the debris and replaced the smashed one with the spare on the outside

Haven't had it happen again... yet

Dover
09-03-2011, 01:42 PM
same thing happened to me at standard input pressures (850)... I just cleared the debris and replaced the smashed one with the spare on the outside

Haven't had it happen again... yet

You replaced the Kila with a standard detent, right ?

Irish Deth
09-04-2011, 06:24 PM
You replaced the Kila with a standard detent, right ?

After I cleaned them out and used only one magnet, and got shattered magnets again. Went back to standard detents with no problems.