PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Infinity Legends Stolen

tagMAN
08-28-2011, 03:56 AM
Here's the story I shipped my dust red and gloss black Infinity legends to Infinty for some repairs a few weeks ago.

They repaired them and shipped them back via UPS on 8/9/2011 and I recieved the package 8/19/2011. Here is how i got the package from UPS.

Here are photos of the Package from all 6 sides and the opening in the box.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/IMG_1473.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/IMG_1481.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/IMG_1479.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/IMG_1478.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/IMG_1477.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/IMG_1474.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/IMG_1482.jpg

What I found in the package was a hoodie sweater you can see it in the pic with no Legends.

I have contacted Infinity and UPS and we are currently trying to resolve the matter.

I do not have pics of my dust red Legend I wish I took pics of them before I had them shipped, but this is what was on the dust red legend when I shipped it out Soft Face Bolt, Dust Black CP Direct Mount ASA with no Jewels, Dust Black CP Short Regulator with Jewels, Black Straight Macroline Fittings, Infinity Blade Trigger ( the blade trigger has a nylon tip stainless steel set screw for a trigger stop), Contact Killer Grips Skull with Wings, and it has a Was V2 Board, No Barrel
Serial Number DX1237

The Gloss black legend had stock trigger, Legend grips, some anno wear on one of the eye cover i do not remember which side, stock bolt, Gloss black infinfity asa. gloss black cp short regulator missing jewels, was v2 board, No barrel
Here are pics of the Gloss black Legend these pic were not taken by me but by SlimPB who traded me the Legend for my Phantom pump on MCB.
Serial Number DX1874

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/GlossBlackInfinityLegend3.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/tagMAN61986/GlossBlackInfinityLegend2.jpg

Getting my Markers back is probably not going to happen I just want to inform the community that my markers have been stolen.

If you spot them on any BST threads or Ebay please let me know.

Thanks.

I have also posted this on TechPB and MCB

MAGpie
08-28-2011, 05:19 AM
Damn!

That is unbelievable! Real good work there UPS!

Damn man, I hope this get sorted out!

Tropical Life
08-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Sorry about your loss, just to be fair USPS

shooter311
08-28-2011, 07:25 AM
I have also posted this on TechPB and MCB

You may want to post this on Pbnation as well, they seem to have the most active BST

maniacmechanic
08-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Sorry about your loss, just to be fair USPS

Sorry TL , it was United Parcel Service
& put the wood to thier insurance co. , do your best to get as much as you can , one of thier employees is a damn thief

Tropical Life
08-28-2011, 01:08 PM
^gotcha, even though ups suxs also...I guess its a draw of the luck when shipping stuff. That box looks like it was passed through the ringer hard.

DevilMan
08-28-2011, 02:32 PM
So it was shipped to them in the USPS box and they return shipped it to you in the same box but used UPS which is what you received which was the hoodie filled box correct?

At first it looks like USPS, but then if you look close you see the UPS label as the return label with the previous USPS address marked out with the sharpie.

At least that's what I see. So it made it there fine with USPS, but got jacked on the way back by UPS.

I'm guessing you took the pics BEFORE you opened it? I mean it's already open for the most part. What does the hoodie have on it? If it's something that is "local" to some place it could help as a clue as to what hub it went through and such. Also get on and do a tracking report of it and print it out to know what hub it went through. Call UPS and file a claim and ask them for a print out/email of the EXACT route that the package took. Tell them you need it to file the police report. Tell them you want the hubs AND the TRUCK numbers and locations as well as the drivers/helpers names.

Don't know squat about the guns, but it sucks to have em jacked no matter what.

Good luck!

DM

DevilMan
08-28-2011, 02:36 PM
And no offense to anyone... but doesn't posting this on each and every forum ensure that if who ever did take em hops online will see that they are being looked for and know not to post em up? Admittedly it gets people to watch the local scene and CL so I guess it's a wash.

DM

tagMAN
08-29-2011, 08:30 PM
I pulled out the hoodie this weekend and looked at the tag on it its new with tag and i google serched the comany that makes it only one store online sells them and its in Califormia so im going to give them a call and ask if they had any complaints about a missing hoodie and maybe who ever was supose to get the hoodie has mun Legends.

I check the tracking online and the guns went though Los Angeles, Ca, Cerritos, CA, Harrisburg, PA, Taylor, PA, and delivered to Honesdale, PA. I have been checking Craigslist in both LA area and around my area for them to pop up and other BST fourms.

The shipper Infinity has to fight UPS becase UPS said they will only reimburse the Sender.

and UPS is only going to reimburse $100 because we can not prove the 2 legends where even in the box.

reckid1986
08-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Wouldnt infinity have a work order and shipping papers that they could fax or mail to you. You would think that they would keep track of what comes to them and still have some sort of records so you can get it straightened out.

I went through a similar situation not too long ago with UPS. I sold some parts that included an emag rail, thank god i claimed everything that was in the package on the little label that was put on it before shipping, Because like yours i shipped UPS using a small USPS flat rate box and some how the corner of the box was ripped open and just the emag rail was gone. It took a couple weeks but UPS reimbursed me for the price of a new one and I was able to refund the money to the buyer.

Hope this ends well...

DevilMan
08-29-2011, 09:12 PM
One of my issues with shipping stuff that is in labeled boxes... like something to Angel or Bob Long and such... people in the know are going to know what's in the box is worth something...

Good luck,

DM

leloup
08-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Infinity should have insured them back to you, that's bogus.

WUNDERWAFFEN
08-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow that really sucks. My last experience with UPS was they completely lost a package I was shipping to my brother in DC. I did not insure it since from Philly to DC is really only a 10 hour transit, I can drop off a package at my local UPS hub at 8pm, ship it standard ground & it will be on my brother’s step @ 10am the next day.

Since the tracking # of my package did not list any delivery & obviously pointed to some UPS mess up they took full responsibility & were very sympathetic telling me everything will be taken care of. They requested all the receipts and I had to dig them out copy & fax/scan/email them.

All in all it took about a month with numerous calls & emails for me to get a check for a little over $100 bucks which I sent to my brother. The value of the package was about $350 and was verified by the receipts.

If you did not insure it, list exactly what was in the package & supply receipts that match the contents list you will only get a Benjamin from them after all the run around.

I worked at that UPS hub for about 5 years as a package handler. While packages routinely get crushed & smashed open, there is almost no way to get anything through the metal detectors. You would have to take the item, leave your post, and walk like 500 yards to the fence, toss it over & pick it up after your shift. I worked the midnight shift & even at that time there was so many people working & trucks all over the place that it is highly unlikely. I would assume that a local driver or someone on your porch got it. If it broke open inside the hub it would have been crudely taped backed together & sent on its way.

It sucks & I feel for you

Dend78
08-30-2011, 02:07 PM
I worked at that UPS hub for about 5 years as a package handler. While packages routinely get crushed & smashed open, there is almost no way to get anything through the metal detectors. You would have to take the item, leave your post, and walk like 500 yards to the fence, toss it over & pick it up after your shift. I worked the midnight shift & even at that time there was so many people working & trucks all over the place that it is highly unlikely. I would assume that a local driver or someone on your porch got it. If it broke open inside the hub it would have been crudely taped backed together & sent on its way.

It sucks & I feel for you

hit the nail on the head here, seen this all the time boxes get jammed in a chute and pretty soon after about 500 boxes are being stopped by the one box someone shuts the belt off climbs up and frees the jam or they use the nice shepards hook which normally ends the life of a box. your guns probably fell out of the box and ended up going down a chute to be sent to claims.

I wish you luck here but as said above unless its stated as to whats in there and insured you are screwed, unless they get lucky and find them sitting at the hub somewhere, which by then being out of the box the anno is probably gonna be roached. sorry to rain on the parade but thats just how it works in there.

wetwrks
08-30-2011, 04:26 PM
and UPS is only going to reimburse $100 because we can not prove the 2 legends where even in the box.

should be able to prove that something besides the hoodie was in the box based on the shipping weight. Should be a big difference between a box with 2 guns and a box with a hoodie.

reckid1986
08-30-2011, 09:31 PM
yeah theres no way that that hoodie and box weighed 6lbs^^^^ nice I would have never thought of that. Its just messed up that someone put a hoodie in the box. its like saying "hey i took your guns but instead of just sending you an empty box, ill put this hoodie that i was about to steal in there so i dont have too many stolen items tonight."

DevilMan
08-30-2011, 09:40 PM
I would think the hoodie came from another package/box... since the OP says it was new and all... maybe there was a major muck up at the sort facility and a few boxes got jacked up and no one cared to sort the debris out properly... I know that's a long shot but a thought.

Good luck still to the OP on getting them back.

DM

tagMAN
08-31-2011, 12:19 PM
just contacted the sweather company and they said they have not recieved a complaint about a missing hoodie order. So that was a dead end.

DevilMan
08-31-2011, 12:59 PM
You could have asked them when the last order placed for that model/size/color/style of shirt was placed and to mark it as more than likely it will turn up as missing.

You could also tell them to file the claim with UPS... If you left your name and info, then they know you have the sweater so no loss now, but you can tell them to file a claim with UPS that UPS lost the package and they can have UPS reimburse them for the "sweater" which could cost about the same as 2 legends.. :D

DM

Dend78
08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
seriously guys i dont know how someone could get it out of the building very well, not saying it cant be done but it would be a lot of work. i think DM has it right the hoddie probably came out of another box that was jammed up with yours and they didnt look at weight they just dropped stuff in a box and your prize just so happend to be a hoodie.

DevilMan
08-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Or it could have gotten swapped on a truck... I know it's about to be holiday season when the carriers take on some help, but also it could have made it to a truck where it got swapped out in the back... not sure, just ideas... Maybe the markers went in the box the hoodie came out of and it will work itself out... MAYBE.

DM