PDA

View Full Version : EMag Solenoid Issue

Strider
08-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Over the last year I've been unable to actually use emode on my Emag. I've only been getting out a few times a year in the last bunch...

I was running XMod, but I've flashed back to stock software to make sure it wasn't a setting.

When I press the trigger, I can hear the 'click' registered, and I know the board is working as I have an intelifed warp and it turns with each trigger pull.

But the solenoid doesn't fire. Manual mode works fine, but the solenoid doesn't seem to feel like showing up...

Any advice? Or am I looking at a solenoid replacement? Anyone done such a thing often? As far as I can see the only technical part should be soldering the two contacts to the board...

Ando
08-31-2011, 09:47 PM
You probably have a bad battery. If someone by you has a working emag, borrow their battery pack and ck it out.

BigEvil
09-01-2011, 06:45 AM
First thing you do is what Ando said. Then the next easiest is to change out ALL of the orings in the on/off.

If that isnt it, then we get more complicated. Get yourself a set of cheap digital calipers, the Xmod manual, and go through all of the specs the way Lornecash instructs.

If your battery is good,
and the on/off pin isnt hanging on swollen orings,
and the sear plunger is in spec....

then its time to send the gun to visit Uncle Tuna.

athomas
09-01-2011, 09:20 AM
I echo the above comments. If the emag has never had the battery replaced, it is probably bad. It is well past its life expectancy.