PDA

View Full Version : Got the new SHP Ninja reg. RT is doable, but hard to sustain

Hook
09-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I've had several mags throughout the years and the RT effect all worked the same way. Find the sweet spot and off she goes. However, this wasn't the case yesterday -- I got the Ninja SHP regulator yesterday and was anxious to try it out. I got the tank filled at my local field and headed off to the chrono station. I really had a hard time finding the sweet spot, and once I manage to find it, it would RT for a half second and that's it.

I've had previous mags where the sweet spot was easy to keep going, to the point where I could control the BPS rate by slightly squeezing the trigger more or less. Now, I'm no mag expert, but my hunch is that shortening the ULT's on/off pin would probably make the sweet spot easier to find. Can anyone confirm this?

Also notable details - the Xvalve is relatively brand new, less than 3 cases of paint has went through it. Perhaps my valve simply isn't properly broken in yet?

Any info would be appreciated!

[NA]WARLORD
09-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Call Ninja, they will adjust it to wherever you like. Might also be something simple, like adding/removing a shim too.

stevewar
09-01-2011, 11:12 AM
From what I've learned, the problem is the ult. Rt response response is best with stock on/off. You cano shorten the pin but it shouldn't be necessary

Hook
09-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Hmm, regular on/off you say? Let me give that a try and see what happens. Need to refill the tank first, I'm out of air.

Ando
09-01-2011, 12:02 PM
From what I've learned, the problem is the ult. Rt response response is best with stock on/off. You cano shorten the pin but it shouldn't be necessary
Ding...ding...ding...we got a weenier :clap:

The ULT won't RT as well as a stock on/off. You need to push major air through it to get it going with a ULT.

stevewar
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Ding...ding...ding...we got a weenier :clap:

The ULT won't RT as well as a stock on/off. You need to push major air through it to get it going with a ULT.
haha, thanks Ando... I'm trying to learn.

p8ntbal4me
09-02-2011, 04:27 AM
How many shims do you have in your ULT Steve?

athomas
09-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Yeah, the ULT was designed to give a lighter pull and prevent full auto reactiveness.

maniacmechanic
09-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I have seen a couple ULT's that rt'ed pretty easy & quick , had a fellow have me remove a ULT & install a stock on/off , " because it shoots too fast & I'm using too much paint "

p8ntbal4me
09-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I have 3 in my ULT and 4 in my friends.

They both rapid fire with no effort at all

athomas
09-02-2011, 05:33 PM
ULT's can be reactive when tuned properly, but they take more tuning to achieve it than a standard retro on-off.

If you shim or shorten a standard retro on-off pin and increase the input pressure, you would be hard pressed to keep it from being very reactive. But with a ULT, the conditions usually have to be more finely tuned to get it to be reactive.

38super
09-03-2011, 09:37 AM
I have 4 shims in my ULT and a Ninja 1200 psi tank with remote line. Also had Lukes Custom do the trigger mod for a shorter pull. Thanks to athomas, ando and a few others help on this site I was able to tune mine to RT on demand but in short, 2 - 3 shot bursts only (in case I run into someone with F/A and I need to keep up). This way it is no problem to shoot one shot per pull or a quick RT burst simply by pulling higher or lower on the trigger. With the standard RT on/of it's just a little too crazy for my tastes. If it turns out I need anything more sustained I can just pull the trigger fast enough that I can get what I need out of it with multiple bursts of RT. Plenty fast for anything I've encountered.

Or add one more shim and away it goes....

Justus
09-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah if you want to keep the light pull of the ULT, and still want reactivity, then just keep putting shims on it. I've never heard of anyone shortening the length of the ULT on/off pin. They are so thin, AGD does not warranty them.

athomas
09-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Now, I'm no mag expert, but my hunch is that shortening the ULT's on/off pin would probably make the sweet spot easier to find. Can anyone confirm this?Adding shims to the ULT is the same as shortening the pin.

Hook
09-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I've put the standard on/off and it makes a world of difference. The lower end of the trigger allows me to fire one ball at a time, while the top of the trigger makes it RT very easily.

athomas
09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
If you add a shim or two between the two halves of the standard on-off assembly, you can make it a bit more reactive as well. Its the same as shortening the on-off pin.