PDA

View Full Version : knee pads...

2BAD4U
09-04-2011, 07:09 AM
hey Magers, What brand of knee pads R worth the money? A decent amont of money...

bound for glory
09-04-2011, 02:21 PM
why would you need knee pads? ;)

DevilMan
09-04-2011, 02:55 PM
I have/use some DYE ones that have held up well for me. I do have an extra set to get rid of... I got them as a spare pair but they are too large for me. I think they are XL sized. I think they are also Dye C9 style.

DM

Dirge
09-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Liking the new Valken pads myself. Durability is excellent. I wear shorts, so this is important to me.

Sniper Steve
09-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I have tried Dye, Eclipse, and NXe but the ones that I use and like the best are the Eclipse. They are the most comfortable out of the ones I have tried.

2BAD4U
09-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Liking the new Valken pads myself. Durability is excellent. I wear shorts, so this is important to me.
cool, i like wearing shorts to. it can get very hot here in Florida. do your pads move around or fall down when playing?

2BAD4U
09-05-2011, 07:14 AM
I have tried Dye, Eclipse, and NXe but the ones that I use and like the best are the Eclipse. They are the most comfortable out of the ones I have tried.
do your pads move around or slide down when playing?

2BAD4U
09-05-2011, 07:29 AM
why would you need knee pads? ;)
I prefer wearing knee pads with shorts. it can get very hot down here in Florida... i use swim (board) shorts & hockey jerseys...

Sniper Steve
09-05-2011, 12:41 PM
do your pads move around or slide down when playing?

not much, they don't fit as tight as the Dye pads. The Dye pads always seemed like they were too tight and rubbed my skin raw by then end of the day, but the Eclipse ones don't rub as much and don't fit as tight and are adjustable, that is why I like them better. The also seem to breathe a little better. they only draw back to them is they are bulkier than some other pads.

Smoothice
09-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I used a pair of dye's and really liked them. They don't move around if they fit right. But then I found a pair of paintball pants with built in knee pads. Those are the best! The pants are pretty light weight and breathable and the knee pads work great without having to be tight on your skin.

Dirge
09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
cool, i like wearing shorts to. it can get very hot here in Florida. do your pads move around or fall down when playing?

I use the knee and shin type. They stay put.

C_losjoker
09-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I have bad knees so want to protect them much as possible. I bought a pair of icon knee and shin guards. They are motorcycle type of guards made to protect when you lay down and skid. Can be worn under almost any pants. Last couple of times I have gone out. I wear these, shorts and some type of shirt. Only thing is I had to add some extra velcro since I have skinny legs. But they work great, when I slide or drop to one knee I don't feel a thing. I also use them for softball.

2BAD4U
09-07-2011, 04:59 AM
has eneyone used these knee pads? are they worth the price? whats a good size? not to tight but just rightl...http://www.paintball-discounters.com/i/5821/invert-ze-knee-pads.htm

Jaan
09-12-2011, 02:26 AM
I use the neoprene knee pads that they sell at the pharmacy with shorts. They are for sports and fit snugly and help protect the knee....but are still relatively lightweight.

Something similar to this...only without kevlar. Damn, that's cool, kevlar...

http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Level-kevlar-Black-X-small/dp/B000F5SXY0

2BAD4U
09-12-2011, 04:04 AM
I use the neoprene knee pads that they sell at the pharmacy with shorts. They are for sports and fit snugly and help protect the knee....but are still relatively lightweight.

Something similar to this...only without kevlar. Damn, that's cool, kevlar...

http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Level-kevlar-Black-X-small/dp/B000F5SXY0
thats different, cool...

2BAD4U
09-14-2011, 09:06 AM
that different. cool...
looks like they only have X-small. thanks anyway...

BigTrucker
09-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I picked up a pair of Nike knee pads from Big5. I think they were for volleyball or something, works great!!!

Carnage reigns
09-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Dye, I'm 330 and they hold up well.

Zone Drifter
09-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Forget regular knee pads, I bought some six six one knee/shin pads. Usually for moto-cross, but when playing in the woods they're perfect to protect against unseen rocks.

Dover
09-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Basically you are looking at two types of knee pads, soft or hard.

You can find rollerblade kneepads with hard plastic, they will save your knees indoors when kneeling on concrete or other hard surfaces, i recommend wearing these under clothing although some people like to rock them SWAT style outside your outfit.

Soft kneepads are as cheap as five or ten bucks a pair, volleyball kneepads will give you the most light weight and easy to wear pads allowing better air circulation as well

RedderHokes
09-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Dont forget to buy some cleats, and tuck your RASE pants into them.

Oh, and a Sockhat.