PDA

View Full Version : Emag screens

leloup
09-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know where to get other colored screens for emags? I know they were sold a while back here, but I don't think they are any longer. Does anyone have a parts number for a manufacturer? I am looking for an orange one.

OneSelfLost
09-04-2011, 06:19 PM
HCMS-2914

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=HCMS-2914-ND

Looks like there is a minimum order though, you can search other companies for individual ones.. try Mouser

Ando
09-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Don't think I've ever seen Orange before.

Blue, Green and Red are the only colors I've seen. Blue being the most expensive and hard to find.

OneSelfLost
09-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Blue is a discontinued part. I have searched high and low for one. And I refuse to fork out $80 for a display.

Looks like red, yellow, and green do not have a minimum order quantity. I did a quick search on the orange one and did not find them for sale individually.

I have a green one and it looks awesome :headbang:

bound for glory
09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
i had the green one on my emag. it does indeed look great!

leloup
09-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Are there any other displays that will work? $40 a display is ridiculous. and a min order that is far too many...

Would two half the size work as a functional replacement? Any other led displays that could easily adapt to the board, as modern led displays are cheap?

OPBN
09-05-2011, 09:05 PM
$40 a display is ridiculous. and a min order that is far too many...
Unfortunately unless you are looking to buy a larger quantity that is what they retail for. I deal with Digikey quite a bit and their prices are typically pretty fair as they deal a lot with the hobbyist, engineering types and R&D people. I checked a couple of sources that I have access to for that part number, if it is the correct number, and see a couple of distributors with some small quantities left in stock, but they typically don't sell to individuals and/or have $100 minimums.