PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable tanks and the RT

Telefragged
02-14-2002, 11:47 PM
I've been sufring for like 15 minutes and have seen a bunch of threads where people say that an adjustable N2 system will help the "reactiveness" of the RT valve by allowing you to adjust the input pressure that kinda controls the trigger.

Seems logical, but since both the AIR and RT valves have internal regulators, wouldn't the internal regulator cancel out an adjustable tank regulator and just bring it down to about 400psi?

I have been plannig to go for a CenterFlag 420 Hyperflow 68/4500, but seeing people saying that an adjustable tank will work best, looked at the 68/3000 Flatline. I would buy the Flatline, just how many shots can you get from it? I don't want to carry more paint than I can shoot!

TheTramp
02-15-2002, 12:06 AM
The valve (either one) outputs around 400-450. The thing about the Retro is that the "reactivness" of the trigger is dependent on the input. If you input 900psi: you'll have 400-450 psi out of the valve but a huge kickback on the trigger. If you put 800 psi into the valve you'll still have 400-450psi out of the valve but a lower reactivity.

The reactivity is dependent on the input pressure but the output pressure of the valve is constant.

ArthurDent
02-15-2002, 01:35 AM
save some money and buy some paint and just get a pre set......with my flatline(68/3000) on my rt i can can get like 620-680 shots....

Hexis
02-15-2002, 07:49 AM
Well, that's kinda funny that you suggest that, but have a fully adjustable tank yourself.

I hae an old AA Apoc, I love it, I dial in a very low input pressure to minimize the 'reactiveness' of the trigger. Not because the kick back isn't nice, but because of the other effect of the RT valve. To accuratly chrono you have to snap fire (read the RT Chrono Procedure to get a full description). Basicly on the RT your 1st shot in a string is lower fps. As you rapid fire the valve shoots at a higher fps. I like to minimize this effect and have the shots be as consistant as possible, while giving me a lil trigger kick back.

Since everyone's feelings on how much 1st shot fpd delta, and trigger kickback you want, I cannot suggest an adjustable output tank enough.

Telefragged
02-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Argh, its a tough choice, because the Centerflag tank is a really great deal at $212 for a 68/4500, and people who have them, love them for the most part. They are a 4500psi tank, which means they can hold a good deal or air, but are non-adjustable, so I can't really control the trigger. It is nice though, because it'll be easy to switch between markers.

The Flatline is also a great tank. I hear nothing but good things about them, and they're made by AGD :cool: They're adjustable, which is good for the RT, and come with a little drop, so I don't need to get another one right away. It's small, but it'll do the trick. The only problems are that they are only 3000psi, and thus can't shoot the 720 rounds of paint that I can carry into a game, being a backplayer for my team :mad: And, the thing is going to be tough to switch between markers without having a quick disconnect of some sort, either macro or the AGD ones.

I have cash constraints as well, If I do buy the Flatline, which may even come as my one birthday gift + a tank cover, I'll have to buy 2 sets of QD's, pricey at $40 for the AGD ones, or some macro, which I don't really care for.

Which one will be better in the long run?

Hexis
02-15-2002, 09:28 AM
You have another option. Buy used. I just got an 68ci/4500 psi AA Apocalypse for $200. There were a few others around the same price. It’s a great reg, but heavy (which is why people want to sell them cheap). I have had a 114ci/3000psi setup for years. I haven’t even had to replace an O-Ring on it in 5 years.

micro rt
04-23-2002, 03:17 AM
I have a micro rt and would like some opinions on some of the best nitro set ups for a rt out there?

Im thinking about going nitro duck maybe mega reg but im wondering if that would be like having a regulator on the gun. Which means it would interfere with the reg already in the valve correct or not correct?

Your help greatly appreciated.

FeelTheRT
04-23-2002, 04:20 AM
the direct input of the air pushing your finger back, then it regulates it down.

Revalation999
04-23-2002, 06:52 AM
what are the center flag 400series output?