PDA

View Full Version : Retro leaks down the barrel

jamescell
09-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I have a retro valved rt that leaks badly down the barrel. It was fine and shooting well yesterday with a level 10 bolt, aired it up today and it leaks down the barrel bad! I ride tuning the level 10 but nothing helped.. I installed the stock level 7 and it still does it!! I have a stock on off, I installed all new o rings in the on off and there was no change.. If I hold down the trigger it slows, but doesn't stop.. Help please.

Ando
09-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Pull your on/off and reg pin assy. Clean out the cavities of both then reinstall everything.

EDIT:

Ck the orings on your reg pin while your at it.

jamescell
09-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I pulled this thing all apart, replaced every o ring, and the Regulator valve assembly because the rings were getting squared.. Now there is only a very slight leak, hardly able to hear it..
Big problem though... No reactivity @ all! Now what? I'm running the ninja shp reg, tested @1100psi.. I think a classic valve has more reactivity!

athomas
09-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Retune your level 10. Remove all the shims first. Use the largest carrier that doesn't produce a leak.

jamescell
09-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Even the smallest carrier leaks badly, I ordered new level 10 o rings to try to fix that..

The reactivity.. I took my warp feed off and I suddenly had great bounce, even with a preset tank! Then I put the warp feed back on and it went away again! The thumb screw and trigger frame screw are plenty tight. Could this be due to the am/mm rail flexing?

jamescell
09-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Even the smallest carrier leaks badly, I ordered new level 10 o rings to try to fix that..

The reactivity.. I took my warp feed off and I suddenly had great bounce, even with a preset tank! Then I put the warp feed back on and it went away again! The thumb screw and trigger frame screw are plenty tight. Could this be due to the am/mm rail flexing?

Ok I know the issue.. For some reason my reg spring pack keeps getting filled with metal shavings.. Cleaned it out 3 times now, after every cleaning my reactivity is awesome, then it gets worse and worse till the marker finally stops shooting.

I blew 1200 psi air thru the asa and all the fittings connected to the valve. The stuff just keeps coming back! Am I over looking a possible cause of contamination?

Ando
09-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Well...Follow the air source down the line. More then likely the tank regulator.

Disassemble the tank reg, see if there's anything inside eating itself up, then the ASA and forgrip if your using one. The air goes directly to the valve pin assy so i doubt it has anything to do with the retro valve itself.

If you bought or made some aftermarket part. It could still have shavings inside it.

jamescell
09-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Its a ninja shp reg.. Any tips on where to look and what to look for?

Ando
09-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Looking for fresh exposed metal.